Insurance companies

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greesie

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Had a quick search but didn't really find out what im looking for specifically,
I've got 32inch tyres and am goin to get a 2 inch lift, it's only just over the total 2 inch lift for legalities.
What im worried about is how insurance companies can turn around if you have a crash and say we not covering you because your vehicle is illegal.
If I loose my vehicle in a crash that's bad enough but if I wrecked another or injured someone would I be on my own there aswell?

My insurer sgio said they dont want to no about any modifications, they say they inspect vehicles after claims are made, is there any insurance conpaniy that will cover you regardless of legalities aslon as they are aware of modifications and such prior To a claim being made?

Cheers for any help
Mike

Sorry about poor spelling and that sent this off my phone

There was talk a while ago about an insurance company that would insure for any mods regardless of legality but I don't believe it was proven. You can get insurance that covers modified vehicles that may be deemed illegal on the road and aren't used on the road but I don't believe any insurance company will hold up a claim on an unroadworthy or illegally modified vehicle.

Any insurer that says they don't want to know about the modifications done to a car is either stupid or they are only assuming the mods are street legal and expect you to make sure of that and not ask them.

Yeh they said to me that as long as they are street legal I wil not have an issue with anything, but if it's not pit worthy then it won't be covered, makes sense i guess though, just wish i could lift my car a small two inches and have no problems haha

a 2 inch can be done legally in most states as far as I am aware, body lifts i think someone said were illegal but not suspension.

Yeh from what I read on hear body lift illegal on airbag cars, suspension fine to two inch,

Back