Ironman bash plates

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I asked ARB for a set & they don't make them got the Thai D22 which is why I bought the Iron Man.
Look they are fine. At the end of the day you hit any plate hard enough they will dent & bend.

steel quality is important
i work with molten steel/cast iron and we can change composition and strength just by adding different ingredients, our furnaces are sampled every cast and a computer tells us what to add to keep it in spec
most of the steel out of china is crap
but i will still get ironman plates cause i have no other option

I have the ironman plates on my d22 I have hit some items pretty hard and they just dent. If the dent enough I just remove them and straighten them out. After lcmp last weekend I put my full trust in them after taking the creek run and having a battle with a few boulders in creek crossings.

scottybobcat said:
We use Australian steel with our products. There is a big difference in quality between aus and Chinese steel.
Our D40 bash plates are ready

Great product placement ;)

We use Australian steel with our products. There is a big difference in quality between aus and Chinese steel.
Our D40 bash plates are ready

Can you let us know what the difference is ?..just trying to understand the specifics...which Chinese steel works is the steel being sourced from ?

some of you may get a surprise if you were to visit Bluescope or One Steels Steel works...all old BHP....same goes if you were to visit some Chinese Steelworks or South Korean...state of the art.
As for the USA and Europe :confused3:

Very basicly.... Chinese need our iron ore cos theirs is crap, so they mix our ore with theirs to increase the quality of their end result steel

I fitted the ironman underbody plates to my 06 ZD30 D22, and like most it seems mods were needed to the front plate and sump plug hole drilled.
In short not happy, yeah fits good now but when something is sold as bolt on, and mods are needed to both car and product it shits me…..

Attachments

• IMG_1684[1].jpg
    IMG_1684[1].jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 192
Can anyone post some pics of the Spain D40 ones?

Interested to see the fitment with bullbar and if there is an oil drain access. I'll most likely whip out the welder and modify mine to have bolt protection on them too.

Can anyone post some pics of the Spain D40 ones?

Interested to see the fitment with bullbar and if there is an oil drain access. I'll most likely whip out the welder and modify mine to have bolt protection on them too.

I put mine on bout a week ago now, haven't been able to get out and test them but they def look the part.

check the pics at the thread below

http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=15191

I have mine on my 07d40 for a while. Went out last weekend and gave them a good flogging. Best insurance I have bought for the car to date. Think they are worth every cent

Thanks mate.

How did you end up fixing the holes that didn't line up for the bullbar plate?

lucky enough the were some slits in the plate that i had to attach to, just needed to go to bunnings to get some nuts and it was all good, will try to get some photos up in the next couple of days if you like?

HI ALL Ironman bashplates will not fit.I had a set shiped up for my 2010 2.5 ST R d22 duel cab.The bends were wrong,rubbed on steering also not one bolt hole lined up,Ironman where aware of this yet they still sold them to me.I now have TJM tranfercase bash plate bolts straight up, TJM have made a protatype for emgine ,will be for sale soon.

Last edited:
HI ALL Ironman bashplates will not fit.I had a set shiped up for my 2010 2.5 ST R d22 duel cab.The bends were wrong,rubbed on steering also not one bolt hole lined up,Ironman where aware of this yet they still sold them to me.I now have TJM tranfercase bash plate bolts straight up, TJM have made a protatype for emgine ,will be for sale soon.

Mate, I have to disagree with you, sorry. They fit just fine on my Sep '11 built D22 2.5CR apart from the small mod to the front bash plate.

As per my previous posts here, I have the IronMan bash plates on mine. Cost me $242, needed a slight modification on the front plate which was really easy. I agree you shouldn't have to mod, but hey, they're on my truck. Have a look at my pics in my garage. On mine I have it fitting really nice with my Genuine Nissan Steel Bar. Any questions just ask me..

Go here to see my pics http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?p=160200#post160200

Only mod I did after this was drill a 60mm hole so I could remove the sump plug without having to take the plates off.

Last edited:

I had no problems fitting them to my 2010 D22 STR either. Apart from cutting the sides off the front plate to fit the nissan bullbar.

Maybe they sent you the wrong plates?

2009 built 2.5 d22 and everything fits perfectly. As stated had to cut the wings off the front plate and drill some holes to make it fit but they do there job. Just did Cape York and glad I had them on.

Fit great on my 2010 2.5. Only mod was to make it match the Nissan bar, but you can't expect them to match every single bar so I was ok with that.

I would say you got sent wrong plates

Latest posts

Back