Ironman helper leaf

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bright Spark

Reaction score
Hey fellas, just wondering if anyone has put an ironman helper leaf under the back of a d40. ive recently put it in on my rx king cab and am having trouble with it hitting on the chassis when loaded.. not sure what my options are or if anyone has any ideas... help would be much appreciated.

I have one on mine:

attachment.php

Notice that the U-bolt is inverted and I'm using the plate around the bottom of the leaf pack. I did make the mistake of doing it the other way around, but it's fixed now.

It makes a little bit of noise - I get the occasional "bang" from back there, but it does improve the ride. I think I might put a new leaf pack in one day when I don't have to go into car parks any more and just give the entire ass end a lift.

Attachments

• IMG_0112-resized.jpg
    IMG_0112-resized.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 1,397
thanks tony, yea i did the same and put it up the right way 1st an when i lowered it it hit on the chassis so i had to turn the ubolts upside down.. did you put the bottom leaf in as well. it looks that way in the pic.

I too have fitted the Iron man helper springs and while pleased with the extra assistance wasn't overly impressed with the u bolt hitting the chassis. When they were on the vehicle stayed level with a 2 ton van behind. I think I'll be leaving them off and going for stiffer, probably 2 stage springs in the near future.

I've got them too.
I constantly carry approx 700kg of goodies in the back and have had them in for over 100,000km. I found the u-bolts closest to the axle were knocking on the chassis so I shortened the bolts.
The problem is after all these km's the springs aren't just convex but they are now starting to look like snakes.

Last edited:
yea i got 2'' with them easy, sure you would get more if you kept cranking them up tighter. Would just stifen the ride the higher you went.

Oh so the leaf don't sit flat on the old leaves? Seems like a good cheap option over new leaves

Mine with my 700kg of extra weight sits pretty much level so I'm guessing with it empty it would raise up a bit.

I've got mine wound up pretty tight because of the weight as you'll see by the pictures.
It's hard to see in the picture but the spring is actually convex but because of the helper it holds the spring close to where it should be.

Attachments

• 30032011657.jpg
    30032011657.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 289
  • 30032011658.jpg
    30032011658.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 311
  • 30032011662.jpg
    30032011662.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 265
Just bought a set off ebay for $120, will safice for a budget lift untill i can afford new torsion bars and a set of new leaf,

Cheers for info guys!

I put a set of these under mine for towing the camper trailer. Hit on the chassis badly and have worn a small hole in it after a trip of mostly on road. A new set of springs is the only way to go.

I had the helpers fitted to my D40 towing a caravan a bit over 2 tonne, they will lift the back as high as you like but of course a stiffer ride. I glued some insertion rubber on the top of the helper over the u bolt to soften the noise, this helps but I don't think it is a long term solution. In the end I removed them and fitted Ironman springs which is a better solution, though the spring saddles still hit the chassis, so I have removed them and now it is all fine. I have a set of helper springs for sale as new if you are interested.

Latest posts

Back