ironman winch problem

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexnav2395

Reaction score
I have an ironman winch and yesterday i used it to pull out a landcruiser, since yesterday i havnt been able to wind it back on to the drum it sounds like the winch is dying and moving 1mm at a time i changed the remote battery and nothing.. its running off the dual battery and the dual battery looks pretty screwed so im assuming it might be that..

does anyone know what it could be?

There has been a few with solenoid problems, and the symptoms were the same as you describe.

I would check all the connections, earths ect, both at the battery and inside the control box on the solenoid itself.
Also I would think if you know how to use a multi meter you will be able to see what it is doing, current going in and how much is going out to the winch motor itself.

not the best with a multi meter, but ill check all connection it has done it before and i jus started the car waited a while and charged back up and it was fine, i was driving through mud etc and used it to get myself out wen i was bogged and went back in fine, then after that a cruiser was bogged and i got him out aswell but the wire wouldnt go back on the drum :(

If its still got warranty then give Tigerz a call. what i am going to do is buy a spare solenoid for mine just to throw in the spares kit even though my winch hasnt had an issue but for around $60 it cheap insurance.
You could always do the same and use it to test your one, if it isnt the problem well its no big deal keep it just incase you or your mates ever need one when your in the poo.

what battery are you running it off?

you're meant to run winches of a cranking battery. you need a battery that can supply a lot of current quickly which is what a cranker is designed for. but if your running it off a deep cycle type battery i believe running a winch off it will kill the battery as is not capable of supplying that much power in such a short ammount of time.
the deep cycle is for running stuff like fridges and lights which draw less current over a longer period of time.

someone may be able to explain better, but that's how i understand it.

i rang iroman and they suspect its the solenoid but want me to bring it there to have a look, also ill check my battery tomorrow thanks mate

ok i finaly got around to buying the part, i bought a whole new control box and put it together, with new wires.. and it still doesnt work now it doesnt even click it just doesnt work at all. i tried it on the dual battery and the starting battery and checked the fuses, i have no idea what to do now but take it to someone, any ideas?

Have you checked the remote,
Has to be something wrong with that if you replaced the control box, It's the only thing left.

Latest posts

Back