Is it possible to put a cargo barrier in a Str navara?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

palmma221

Reaction score
Hay guys, I have taken the back seat out to have a look what I can fit in there and it turns out that I can put quiet a bit of gear in the back, however it got me thinking about a cargo barrier. Is it possible to fit one in a navara? Has anyone done this?
Cheers for any info given
:cheers!:

I'm pretty sure they carry a tested rating, so probably need to be NATA tested etc. i'd look into the legal side of it before you jump into. First up why not call or email a company like milford who mainly deal with cargo barriers. Making one yourself might be a legal nightmare if you ever had a accident.

Ive thought about that too, mainly to keep the dog in the back if we have a smash.

This thread has made me wonder more about cargo barriers ,If you think of all the crap you put on the back seat (or behind it)without thinking, beer, shopping , tools. Even the lightest thing in the back seat coming straight towards the back of your head in an accident is going to cause problems.
I know leg room in the back of mine(d22) is already bad enough but maybe there could be like a half barrier in the back so anything that shoots forward in a smash does not hit your head in a crash but still leaves leg room in the back?

palmma221 said:
Hay guys, I have taken the back seat out to have a look what I can fit in there and it turns out that I can put quiet a bit of gear in the back, however it got me thinking about a cargo barrier. Is it possible to fit one in a navara? Has anyone done this?
Cheers for any info given
:cheers!:

For starters, you're gonna need a mod plate to legally drive around without seats in the rear. And you might need a plate for the cargo barrier as well.

You're best bet is to phone your local transport authority and ask them.

Mod plate? Whats that and who do you get them from?

I rang a company called milford on my day off and they said they were able to install one for me. $880?! has anyone ever used this company before?

A mod plate is a small plate that is obtainable after an engineers inspection of the vehicle. Is fixed next to the vehicle spec plate under the bonnet (i think). In your case it'll just be a mod plate that states that your vehicle is now only licensed to carry 2 people, instead of 5.

Mod plate? Whats that and who do you get them from?

I rang a company called milford on my day off and they said they were able to install one for me. $880?! has anyone ever used this company before?

I had a milford cargo barrier in one of my vans many years ago. They do make quality gear. They are probably the biggest name in them i think.

As gadgets asked- is there a way to make a half barrier?

I have been looking at the nissan pathfinders, which apparently (I think the old ones) are like the navaras?
Now, I know you are able to put a cargo barrier in the pathfinders, so my question is, would it be possible to get a pathy one and modify it? or would it be a legal and engineering pain in the ass?

Im in perth so where would I get a mod plate? would I have to go to the DPI center and get someone to look at it there or would I have to go to nissan themselves?

Hay guys, I rang nissan today and asked if I needed a mod plate to take the back seats out. Apparently I dont. If it was a 2 seater and I wanted to convert it to a 5 seater then I need one but from 5 seats to 2 seats I dont.

Hay guys, I rang nissan today and asked if I needed a mod plate to take the back seats out. Apparently I dont. If it was a 2 seater and I wanted to convert it to a 5 seater then I need one but from 5 seats to 2 seats I dont.
I would not trust Nissans word.
I would call your local transport mob and ask them...
Bill

Hi Guys,
As of a short time ago I was a designer at Milford's, they are currently developing a barrier to fit in the tub of a hilux with the canopy on.
They will be developing barriers for approx. the top 10 selling 4x4 utes.
There is no thought of putting a half barrier inside the cab due to the low numbers it would generate in sales.
I have a photo of the prototype at work and will post soon (if Milfords give approval)

STC

Latest posts

Back