Is this quote reasonable for my use?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyron

Reaction score
Hi,

I have gotten a quote from ARB to lift my 2012 D40 ST - It seems a bit exy as I am not really into anything major just a run up the beach and Fraser Island. See below my comms

Hi,

I just bought a Navara D40 ST (2012). I am looking at getting a lift done and wanting to know best option/price.

I am not looking to do anything full on, 95% will be on road, but I will hot the beach and places like Fraser island sometime. So I am looking for something that doest sacrifice ride comfort or fuel consumption but will give me some better clearance and entry/exists.

I dont tow anything heavy, just a couple of dirtbikes. I have factory Towbar if that makes a difference.

Tyron,

OME have a range of suspension for your car.
I have picked out what I think will work the best for what you are looking for.
In the front I have picked out a light 40mm lift coil and in the rear I have picked out medium 40mm springs.
With greasable shackle kit, U bolts and bushes. For the shocks they are tuned to mach the spring,
We have 2 different model's available, the nitrocharger, and the nitrocharger sport. The two main differences are,
the nitrocharger is a bit softer than the sport with less valving the other main difference is the warranty the sport has
a 3 year 60,000 and the nitrocharger has a 2 year 40,000 and they have $18 difference. in the listing below I have highlighted in red what I would put in for u.

All this supplied and fitted would be $2,310, Let us no if you need more information.

g4mgJ3R.png

That's around the price I got quoted for OME gear. You normally get a bit of a discount if ARB are at a 4WD show, up to about 10% on parts and maybe a chair or something thrown in. You might be able to haggle a bit with an ARB shop but that is usually if you intend to buy more of their gear.

You will get suspension suppled and fitted for less. It just depends on the chosen brand and what they are charging to install.

To be honest, I have no idea what I need. I just want to improve clearance a bit while not making a crap ride for the 95% of the time I'm on the bitumen.

I was hoping to spend more around 1600. Any ideas?

To be honest, I have no idea what I need. I just want to improve clearance a bit while not making a crap ride for the 95% of the time I'm on the bitumen.

I was hoping to spend more around 1600. Any ideas?

Ring Zordo. That's the best advice I can give you. Plenty of others will back me up. Great prices and a man of alot of knowledge

Mate as already said go Zordo. I got mine off him $1675 fitted and probably better then ARB in my opinion. Have a look at my pics to gauge what you will probably end up with.

its worth the $2310 just for h'way use. The improvment of the factory setup is huge. The extra lift, carrying capacity etc is the bonus.

Ok, So good man Zordo got back to me in about 30 minutes last night! Very impressed. He has given me the below option.

I can do a 2" lift with Bluemax leaves & lovells shocks for $1695 fitted

Now my question is, what is the difference in ride quality ect between the two quotes? For example if I could get ARB to $2000 would I be better with that option?

Thanks.

ZORDO normally gives you the option of upgrading to Bilstein shocks for another $500 or so which should shit all over OME for ride quality as Bilstein make great performance car shocks as well as 4WD gear. In saying that, anyone who has been serviced by ZORDO has always commented on how well their truck rides regardless of the setup used

OME is overpriced munro crap. Zordo trades on his reputation and will not sell you a crap package (just do a search on here and you'll get an idea of how much word of mouth is worth to him) -- the information you can give him regarding the qualities you are after, the better he can tailor your set up to suit you.

It may just be my bias, but I'd steer clear of ARB.

Thanks Guys,

I think my question is answered!

I have seen his name kicking around since I started researching what car to buy, so ill go with him.

Thanks for the help.

Have I mentioned I love this car!!

I've gotta say, I've heard good and bad reviews on ironman and OME, generally only good things about toughdog but I've never heard a bad thing about ZORDO or a kit he's installed

I got Zordo to install that set up on mine and couldnt be happier. Just let him know what you cart around in the back so he can match the springs according to your weight. I got the heavy duty ones (+300 i think) in mine as i have a fair bit of tray overhang and carry abit of gear also. Its not a rough ride even when the tray doesnt have much in it. Just because its ARB doesnt always mean it's the best.

Latest posts

Back