Ivf

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

longy509

Reaction score
Hi just wondering if anyone in NSW has done IVF if so where did you do it,how much did it cost ya and what was the success rate.
Cheers

<hoping that as this is in general chat, we are not talking about vehicle bling>
No, no idea and not great(er than normal chances).

From what I've read over the years, making sure you have a good, balanced diet, plenty of regular exercise, not stressing about it happening and moderation in doing it, is the key.

Thanks mate already know all that missus has got a few internal chick things going on and only chance of kids is IVF so the success rate has to be higher than normal which is %0 i was just wondering what peoples thoughts and success rates were (and prices) we have got prices ranging from $5000 up to $10000 to do IVF with no guarantees.

There is no guarantee with it and it may take a few cycles. Your costs will depend on the Dr and what they are including in there quote, there is quite allot of medication and injections that are not normally included in the normal fees and there is also quite a few blood tests and things that you both have to do. If you don't have good private health insurance it will cost allot more but I would say to budget at least $10K. Be prepared for lots of emotional ups and downs as the drugs she will have to take will knock her around a fair bit. If you want any more info shoot me a PM.

Hey mate I got to friends that have gone down the same road. One spent 10 000 the other 8000, one ended up with a set of twins.... The other had a little girl and before you knew it there was a boy on the way. If its what you want I don't think the money is a problem. Just like a sure bet... Nothing is definate but you have a crack at it anyway! Good luck mate...

Hey Longy,

My wife and I are doing IVF in Queensland, currently 10 weeks pregnant first go so pretty stoked.
cost wise i think we are at $14k so far including blood test, medications(they dont tell you how much of this crap there is and its seriously expensive) the procedure was about $9k. then on top if you get pregnant you get to do ultrasounds every 2 weeks plus more drugs about $300 a go until 12 weeks generally depends on what you doc says.

the emotional side is the hardest your missus will i assure go completely nuts, i nicknamed the wife mrs ragealot i dont think this helped but it made me feel better lol. next minute she is crying at the tv about something odd.

anyway definitely worth it i think if you never try then the longer you leave it the harder it is.

just my opinion best of luck

also regards to private health i worked it out and you get about $800 more back from private health than medicare and considering premiums of private health i just paid it. also you have to wait until you are finished with the ivf to claim your money back.

cheers

Longy.

My wife and I had our one and only boy with the help of IVF and as many have said, it's an emotional roller-coaster ride for the Mrs but in the end it's well and truly worth it.
We were lucky enough to fall on the first cycle and Medicare was still funding things back then, so our total bill once we received the rebate was around $600.

The balanced diet, regular exercise and stress levels meant pretty much jack shit to us, I had slow taddies and the wife had chronic severe endometriosis, so that pretty much meant we had no chance of falling pregnant naturally (it was fun trying for four years though LOL).

Our little champion turns five in November and is an absolute joy to have around and we're still so grateful that IVF gave us the opportunity to be parents.

All the best mate.

Cheers,
VCrusty.

My Missus and I went through it 14years ago, took 3 shots and around 15k. End result was a baby girl and bang! She fell pregnant again straight after the baby was born.

Apart form the cost, which if you can afford it is a small price to pay for a family really, the emotional price is very high. Much harder on the woman due to all the hormone injections and they way they are wired. Also very hard on the woman being prodded and poked by so many doctors.

Good luck and I hope it all goes well for you both.

Mike.

Thanks for the replies everyone we will definatly doing it we have no choice the missus has endometriosis polycistic ovarian syndrome and some other stuff going on so im used to the emotional ups and downs already,its just a matter of saving enough cash and then deciding on which clinic to use the local one in orange is about double the price of the ones in sydney but then if we use the sydney one it means days of work to go down there. decisions a

Thanks again for the replies

My wife was diagnosed with the same condition, so we had to use IVF to.
It was a couple or years ago though & out of pocket cost was around $1600 per shot with medicare paying the other $2k ish.
This was in Adelaide though & we went through a company called repromed
It took us 3 full cycles to have our boy & then one of those embryos collected was successful & we had a girl.

Best of luck with it all

Back