Jerk reversed into my Nav at Jimna

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

180%JOE

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I went away for easter this year to landcruiser Mountain park and had a great time. It was awesome except for the final day I was there. We went to cowah waterfall near the campground for a swim at lunch. There was a couple of cars there so I parked away from everyone (nearest vehicle was 15m away). We then left to head to the waterfall and had a swim. I got back to my Nav about 45mins later to find this;

C7CA015C-orig.jpg

There was no one around, no note left and no witnesses. I don't know how they managed to hit me but they are massive jerks for not even leaving their details. I told the owners of the park what had happened, they thought they knew which "Red" vehicle it was but they told me they have already left. So now the weekend got a bit more expensive as it has turned into a $400 excess for my insurance.

I rang Nissan for a quote on parts to see if I could do it cheaper and the guy laughed at me when I told him what parts I wanted. The plastic rear flare is $586 unpainted! :confused2: and the rear chrome bar is around $300.

I also went to my body work repairer and the cheapest they could fix it was $500 if they didn't have to replace anything.... :(

So insurance it is :pissedoff:

The moral of the story is that I should have bought a steel rear protection bar sooner :D That is the next thing on my list!

WTF The other driver must have been MR MAGOO or something not to see a big white navara 15m away.... May be landcruiser park should do eye checks before entry. Sorry to hear that mate. ITs bad enough when it happens in the woolies car park but you wouldent expect it in the bush... gess theres scum lurking everywhere these days.

Yeah, I thought that mostly everyone that go there are decent people. I certainly would leave at the minimum my details. They need to grow some balls and take some responsibility for their actions.

Get insurance to replace the rear bar with a TJM one. It's cheaper for them. The rear bar is like $1000 not $300.. So
Insurance will be happy with that

That really f*kin stinks man! I know your pain, I have had this happen to every car I have owned in different variations of worse and just scratches. Never had a note left, my first car was actually written off by some moron hitting the rear wheel while it was parked.

Now I can hardly take my eye off my car when its parked (if its in eye-sight)

Good luck to get it fixed quick and cheap mate

Gee that sux Joe. Is it just the flare or is it the tub as well. Did they hit your rear bar.
I have a couple of Nissan rear bars here mate or we can do you a rear tube bar mate.
Landcruiser park should take everyones details on entry.

Hate that. Supermarket carpark we know it happens still sucks. But in a bush carpark with a heap of room, must of been a jealous yota owner

That blows Joe! The silver lining here is now you can further justify a new beefed up rear bar!

same damage was done to mine, but i had a run-in with a tree thou lol, bloody low lifes they are

yeah the damage was the wheel arch, tub and a few scratches on the chrome bar. I did ask about upgrading to a tjm bar but Justcar's repairers won't do it as they are just a quick repairer and only replace items with genuine. Its so stupid as I'm saving them money by going with a tjm bar.

Scotty how much are your rear bars? I really wanted to upgrade on insurance but now that I cant I may sell the new rear nissan bar and go with a tube one.

get in your repairers ear, tell them to quote a new nissan one but replace it with x brand, if its cheaper then the price of a new one they will, cant see why they wont its more money in there pocket. Insurance company wont exchange a factory bar for an aftermarket one because the policy states genuine parts when available.

Latest posts

Back