just don't get it!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sem

Reaction score
I am about to get a new set of tires and would like to go 265/75/16 but all the research i have done says that even with a suspension lift you are not aloud to go more than 15mm above stock. while you are very unlikely to be booked by the police this will void insurance and i can't take that risk while i use my truck for work. Am I missing something?

like Scotty said keep the legal ones Incase of a prang and swap them over. All my mates with large rims on there sedans and wagons do that if anything happens

You must be in NSW if 15mm is as large as you can go.
Get an Engineers report done and it will be legal and insured
In the ACT we can go up to 50mm in dia as well as lift. Up to 50mm of lift no report but over that needs a report .But thats in the ACT find out from the RTA what the regs are for sure before you do anything

There used to be clear cut rules on the WA DPI website, but now its changed and everything seems allot harder to find.

Most insurance company's will cover you as long as your car is seen as road legal in that state.

I believe these rules stated you could go ** size over largest standard rim, as written on your Tyre plackard. Now you need to check if that's 15mm over in diameter or Radius.

What car you running? D22's had 265/70/16's standard right?

that's a a Radius of 373MM, the 265/75/16's have a radius of 385mm, only 12mm larger.

and to get slightly more confusing, each tyre manufacture rates there tyres circumference slightly different for same size tyres, so you need to check with the tyre manufacture to see the size difference.

alternatively, smash the biggest ones you want on and get a permit?

anyway, GL!

I thought about switching if a possible accident happens however with the growing number of 4WDs on the road this is going to be a pretty standard thing and what an easy way to turn the "fault" of a accident to the driver with an unroadworthy vehicle. In QLD it is very plain the overall diameter of the tyre must not vary by more than +15mm or -26mm and 75s are 26mm bigger.

Latest posts

Back