Just got home

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

legend489

Reaction score
Arranged and paid for Side steps (with brush bars)/spotties/bash plates from TJM at coopers plains, organised for my brother to drop the vehicle off and gave him money for a cab and movies as my minimium hours are 8am - 630pm and I work down the coast. Asked my brother to check where they will locate the spot light switch and ring me, make sure they put the bash plates (as they werent to be fitted) and my old side steps in the back.

So my brother forgets to check the back when he picks it up. I get home and am furious that my old side steps arnt there. I got down to look are my car and the so called side steps arnt big enough to step on, the brush bars hang out over an inch from the gaurds (I think this is too far and looks absolute S**T) and spot light witch is above the key (they said it woulld be where the spare switch panels are below the headlight adjuster) and the spotlights hang out over the front of the bull bar (is this illegal).

Anyways if you work at TJM and are on tomorrow call in sick.

TJM now has first spot on my do not buy from list overtaking the long standing Telstra.

I had side steps with brush bars installed yesterday and I am very unhappy. The so called step step bearly protudes past the door sill which wouldnt have been so bad if they didnt skimp on the plate on top. The brush brush bars sit so far out from the guards that I might as well drive a hummer.

Went back to talk to them this morning and they place nice like "well try and work something out for you" while we are in the store with other customers get out side and get things like "thats our product there's nothing wrong" then "its becuase you have an ARB bull bar" I told TJM when ordering their product that I had an ARB bull bar and they said "no worries, wont be a problem". I was told the only other thing I can do is ring their customer service which is not open until Monday and most like wont answer other than hours when I am at work, if their store service is anything to judge by I will get no where.

I am not out of pocket my hard earn dollars with a product that will cause me to bash my ankle every time I get in the car due the lack of grip on the so called step. I am sure that there people out that are happy with their TJM products but I am not one of them, I will be going else where for my winch, rear bar and maybe new sidesteps next weekend if the credit card permits it.

The store was Coopers Plains in QLD and I hope that my experience can help other make an informed decision.

They're probably right about the bullbar issue and the brush bars sticking out. I mean, it really isn't a "problem" as such, the brush bars must fix to the bullbar adequately, but the fact that the bars stuck out further than you'd like is more of a personal preference rather than a problem.

As for the side steps not being wide enough, did you look at the product before buying it?

Like I'm not trying to have a go at you or anything, but you just need to be a bit more careful when letting fly about a local company if it's not really their fault.

I personally kitted my Nav out with all ARB gear, reason being that I researched and looked at several different manufacturers wares, and found that the ARB was best for me, and I am 100% happy with them. All I'm saying is that you really need to do your research when making a decision like that, and it doesn't seem fair to publically humiliate a company because their products aren't to your tastes.... Research = very important

I agree, definitely look around before commiting. I have sen TJM brush rails stick out far on every vehicle fitted with them with them. I don't know if it is just a TJM thing or what.

When you know exactly what you want you can always go to an engineering/welding place and get them fabricated. This is what i have done, got the brush rails/sidesteps manufactured to suit the vehicle, how they were wanted.

Mitch

I walked into TJM at Coopers Plains once and they treated me like dirt. I'd never go back in there again and from that one experience i'd never buy anything from TJM anywhere.

ARB down the road though were more then happy to come out to the carpark and have a look at the ute and talk things through with me though.

^ I have had the exact opposite in Newcastle.

TJM are always helpful, ARB salesmen are arrogant pricks.

Up here in rocky TJM always seems to have piss poor customer service, or at least from everyone but one staff member. ARB always has excellent customer service, and so gets my business normally.

Mitch

i have lost my respect for tjm ever since i got my bullbar fitted to my d40 , droped it off the day before for them ready to work on it the whole next day .... 7pm still waiting 8pm finally walked out of there with my car ..... i was told it was to be ready at 5pm.... , also went out 4wding and found out that they decided to remove my tow hook / recovery point and i was never told about this lucky i didnt get bogged......

when i did enquire about new recovery points and under body protection well lets just say im waiting for that phone call back and this was about a month or so ago....

therefore they have lost my bussiness

btw this is tjm geebung.

Latest posts

Back