Just installed GME TX3100 UHF

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

04navstu

Reaction score
Hey guys just thought id post something as im a tad bored =)
Bought myself a uhf yesterday and decided to fit it today.

Got a GME tx3100 its a great little unit really really small compared to most you would find and is packed full of features. $299 and they threw in a $90 6.0 dB aerial for 10 bucks so cant complain.

Aerial fits straight on the mount on my steel bar, ran cable through between headlight and front grill then up air filter side and along under fuel lines to the little rubber grommet on the drivers side (as it was too hard to get it through the firewall on the passenger side with all the shit behind the glove box)

As for the unit i was going to cut out the centre console next to the hand brake and mount it in there flush would have fitted perfect but i decided against it for the simple reason i had nowhere to put the mic that interested me.
So i mounted it neatly in above my cd player, the plan was to put it below but a mate came around and i got side tracked and it ended up the wrong way round. easy enough to change around just need to undo 6 screws and swap it over.

Power wires were a breeze to hook up, soon as i took the face off the centre dash i found 2 wires behind there ( a black and a red) now most of you would think yes a positive and an earth which is what i thought at first glance too but i got out the old multimeter and tested anyway. the wires came straight from the steering column so turns out one was accessory and the other 12v thats always on. I hooked it upto the power thats always on just so when i go camping and am not in the bus i can leave it on in case anyone needs a tow out in the area. happens often when i head down sandy cape round my area.

Anywho, when for a drive to go through a river to wash the underside of the bus today talking to my mate the whole way and it a brilliant radio. definatly recommend!

Well thats all i have to say would love to upload pics if your interested.
but i cant see how on this post lol

Bit of a read there and its past some of my spare time
Thanks guys

Oh wait there it is. ill go take a pic =)
turns out the camera on my phone takes a really good picture and the file size is way tooooooooo big to upload.

I have the same one I think, mine fit straight into the hole next to the 4wd selector on King Cab.
Pretty happy with it for talking to people while 4wding, doesn't have much range though, although I don't really wanty to listen into truckies talking shit anyway

Attachments

• DSC_0118.jpg
    DSC_0118.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 501
hell yeah thats the perfect size for it. looks great there. mine has a pretty good range.
was talking to my mate about 15 k away before he went round behind a hill then it cut out

I recon a couple of k's and mine drops out, might check to see if the cable is damaged somewhere

I was having the same problem.

so i took my car into a Car Stereo workshop, they tested the plug on the end of the cable (that i put on myself) found that it was shorting. Cut the plug off, put a new one on ... tested again - and perfect. Took 4 minutes and about $15.00.

I now have as much range as the guys with the bigger radio units. The GME 3100 is nice little unit and works well.

Yes you should definatly have more range than that even with no aeriel haha something not right there like woody said its probably just a connection somewhere

Are GME radios better than Uniden ones?

I have a Uniden (DIN size) and mounted it under the passenger seat in my Navara. I use one of those handheld LCD controllers so I can operate it. I did have to fit an extension lead though.

All I ever hear is truckers swearing at each other though!

I have a Uniden (DIN size) and mounted it under the passenger seat in my Navara. I use one of those handheld LCD controllers so I can operate it. I did have to fit an extension lead though.

Its user preference really, they all do pretty much the same things these days. I prefer GME but i have a uniden hand held too that is really good

I heard a bloke singing waltzing Matilda in Arabic to some truckers on the western ring road a couple of weeks ago. One of the truckers told him to go home and surprise his wife with a suicide bomb, it was a pisser/quite disturbing at the same time!

Latest posts

Back