Just ordered 2013 d40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattyf

Reaction score
Hey guys just put in my order for a 2013 silver lightning st d40 don't have any pics of it yet I get it next week.have a lot of people saying that I have made a bad decision but with being a bigger bloke the d40 has got comfort and a good look about it, I'm happy with how it test drove. I only got small extras with the car like soft tonneau towbar, tint and metallic paint. I will keep u all posted with pics. What are some faults/problem that people have occurred with there st d40 that I would have to look out for..

Mattyf

Welcome to the forum. A lot of people have bagged the D40 (and Navaras in general), but they're mostly hilux drivers. There has been a few duds - but with sales figures for both the D40 and D22 as high as they are, well you're bound to find a few.

In short - congrats, hope it lives up to expectations.

congrats on the new ride.
Dont worry about the negative comments, the new models seem to be have none of the issues that some of the early models had, ive owned three Navara's now and have had no problems with any of them.

Thanks guys. Yeah new to the 4x4 scene just getting rid of my vz ss so it will be a change for me.

Welcome aboard.

The new model D40 ST (the 4-cyl 140kW) is a nice bit of gear. Haven't heard of any issues with them at all since the EGR valve problem from late 2012/early 2013 and that could well have been software (it's not really very clear on the actual fault).

The stock cars have a really smooth ride just out of the showroom but the rear leaves tend to invert - after-market suspension is something you'll wonder why you waited for when you finally get it. Other than that the negatives are usually borne of jealousy! :)

Welcome mate and congrats on your new truck.
Just be totaly anal on the pre delivery inspection. You have a right to you just forked out a packet. Even go for a short drive with the salesman before you sign off. If there is just the slightest thing. Paint, panel fit, wheel alignment, squeaks, accessory fitment...anything your feel is not right make sure they make a note of it on pre delivery inspection sheet. I'm not trying to be alarmist it will more than likely be a good thing but like any mass produced vehicle there may be faults. That you can live with that but getting Nissan to honor warrantee you probably can't. If it's noted from new you have a better chance of having it sorted.

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcome fellas. Yeah will be checking it out before I sign the paper work. Added spotties and a bull bar today on top of my order already lol. Salesman had a laugh because I was going to do it when I was in there the other day. Glad I did especially with the number of roos out here, hit 1 hit without a bull bar would really hurt, nearly hit one I'm my commodore today.

So what soft tonneau cover comes with the navara standard. Is it the clip in one or the ones that they have to drill into the sides for the clips.

So what soft tonneau cover comes with the navara standard. Is it the clip in one or the ones that they have to drill into the sides for the clips.

On a D40 it should be a one with the 3 x plastic edges that sit flush with the top of the tub/tray.

Out of interest what did they charge you for it?

Tip- If you have a steel bull bar fitted make sure they do a wheel alignment as the front will sit lower there by affecting the geometry. Lower=more negative camber. They only cover wheel alignment up to 1000Km and that isn't long enough to show any ill affects on your tyres.

as an also bigger guy owning a 2012 ST i'm very happy with it, it's an absolute shitload more comfortable than my old mans 08 triton and a much much nicer place to be inside.
plenty of power for overtaking etc.
mine has a 2 inch ome lift and i only drove a stock one for a day but i'm extremely happy with it's ride and handling in all conditions.
i also went for the soft tonnea, cheaper and a lot more flexbility than with a hard top.
i've driven to perth and back (1600km each way) i think 4 times now and never had an issue with comfort etc.
i think you'll be very happy with it

Been a set back in getting the new car. Had a guy interested in my car so I am selling that privately, and getting the car this week. Got some pics of it very happy with it so far

Welcome mate. The 4x4 scene is great. I had my share of fast cars in the past but you only spend lots of money to do the speed limit or lose your license. At least when you spend money on you fourby it's making it go further or safer or just more equipped to get you away from it all. Best thing I ever did. Been into it for over 20 years now and still love it. Great group of guys here to only to willing to help out with any questions. Your D40 will be fine. Just try to do the mods that keep it chugging as soon as you can. I know most worry about the warranty. But by the time it runs out the damage has already started. Do the EGR and fit a catch can. Your engine will love you for it.
See ya round the forum. Cheers

Received the navara last Wednesday love it. Very happy with it so far. Never had a new car before. At 700ks already. Drove to Brisbane and back and going to work is racking up the ks. Just need a bonnet protector and uhf to start with. Getting lift kit and and tyres in a couple of months

Latest posts

Back