Just put down the deposit on D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aidano

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Put down a deposit on a New White D22 STR yesterday at Ferntree Gully Nissan. It has what i would call mild to medium hail damage. I can get the dint doctor to pull most of them out for under 1k. Best price i had on a mickey mouse one was 33k drive away. Got them to 27K for the one with hail damage then bolted on Black steel bullbar, tow bar, ARB smooth finish canopy + tradesman racks, Nissan over cabin roof racks, tinted windows.
Ended up getting it all for 35K, cant wait to get out of the old bus and into the new nav.
Should get 3k for my old ute and i think i will do an exhaust straight away and maybe a chip.
What size exhaust should i go and where should i get it (in melb)??

Not sure about the chip there seems to be alot of conflicting reports about them, weather or not to put one in at all and if so which one to put in (DP dont get a very good rap on one of the forums on here)

Cheers

iv got a d40 however most guys owning str's have 2.5, 3 and some 2.75 and all seem to be happy with it and apparently can notice a difference.
unsure the turbo outlet size...

if it was me id go the 3"

Hi Aidano,

I have a 2.5 STR and have the DP Chip. I am happy with it's performance, but am not happy with their claims of performance.

I wouldn't drive mine without a chip in it as they are a bit gutless without the chip. The chip boosts power to about the equivalent of the ZD30 motor which was more than adequate IMHO.

There are lots of aftermarket chips around, and I think they all perform about the same, and have yet to be convinced otherwise. It seems none of them will put their money where their mouth is.

Enjoy the ute, sounds very similar to mine. :proud:

DJ

hey mate - nice choice of ride. If I had 3k to spend I'd go for a new exhaust with new dump pipe and a suspension upgrade. I've got the 2.75" str8 thru from Beaudesert Exhausts ($1050 incl postage) and its helped free up the turbo quite a lot (ZD30 STR). And the factory suspension is tiny!! change that up and woo hoo!

I think the dramas with chips is people think (and its because of the B.S. advertising) that once installed it turns the truck into a rocket. Just doesn't seem to happen and it's a real shame. If you do get one, post a few comments so other can see what you think.

Enjoy!

Put down a deposit on a New White D22 STR yesterday at Ferntree Gully Nissan. It has what i would call mild to medium hail damage. I can get the dint doctor to pull most of them out for under 1k. Best price i had on a mickey mouse one was 33k drive away. Got them to 27K for the one with hail damage then bolted on Black steel bullbar, tow bar, ARB smooth finish canopy + tradesman racks, Nissan over cabin roof racks, tinted windows.
Ended up getting it all for 35K

Good on you mate, it's amazing some of the magic talented panel beaters can do when they feel like it.

Years ago Toyota had a batch of cars headed for the Middle East hammered with hail damage (before they put shade cloth over the whole export yard), the cars had to go on the boat anyway and the local importer got them for free, spent a fair few grand fixing them up and sold them 'second hand' with no kilometres, made a killing.

Latest posts

Back