Ka24e auto to z24 manual

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew5671

Reaction score
Hey guys new to this forum,

So the z24 in my manual pathfinder 1990 has pretty much died, I want to replace it with a ka24e out of a 1993 auto navara. These should just bolt up without any mods, but (this is a bit of a newb question) I wasn't sure if there was a difference between the manual and auto attachments. any insights woud be appreciated.

Hey guys new to this forum,

So the z24 in my manual pathfinder 1990 has pretty much died, I want to replace it with a ka24e out of a 1993 auto navara. These should just bolt up without any mods, but (this is a bit of a newb question) I wasn't sure if there was a difference between the manual and auto attachments. any insights woud be appreciated.

Hold up a sec. How many kms on your Pathfinder? Do you do any towing? Has your manual transmission been rebuilt yet?

about 375 000, don't do much towing if I do it's normally pretty light.
Gearbox is fine as far as I can tell, I haven't done anything to it.
I like the manual, for 4wd so I'm pretty keen to hang onto it, I haven't bought the other engine yet.

Basically the car is still running but a pinhole formed between the waterjacked and head allowing coolant to flush into the engine....., plugged at the moment with iron tight but that will last like 12 months max... afterwhich engine will only be usefull as a boat mooring.

Fair enough.

Just bear in mind the same manual gearbox is used in the Navara, where it gets more of a workout. A Navara that has been used for its purpose usually has flogged out the bearings on the layshaft behind the centre plate where fifth gear is supported by around 200,000-250,000km. Rebuild can cost up to $3600.

The bolt pattern to hold the engine onto the transmission is the same, I would be prepared to embark on such a project as most relevant Z24 and KA24 components would be the same. Go for it.

cheers for the advice, the engine I'm buying has 170 000 on it, running well apparently but I will see when I go to check it out I guess. yeah I don't think my gearbox has copped to much abuse, the z24 isn't really powerfull enough to do serious towing, stuggles just pulling the car up some hills let alone a trailer aswell... hehe

I had a U12 Pintara with a KA24E, its still going on about 330,000km's on the clock.

Dave.

Back