kawajez's D40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kawajez

Reaction score
Have been a member on here for a while, but never really posted.. so thought I'd introduce myself and throw some pics up of my build.

Basically it's a stock '06 diesel with a canopy. I picked it up about a year ago and this pic was taken the day after I got it up at Double Island:

Hours after that pic was taken, the clutch decided to shit itself but I got lucky and the dealer replaced it and the flywheel for me, free of charge! Bargain :)

In the past 12 months, all I've added is some stereo gear (HU, splits, amp and 12" sub) and a Uniden UHF. But now the house is built and I've got a few dollars to play with.. so let the fun begin!

I'm heading up to the Cape in May with some friends, so the mods will begin in ernest. First up is some 265/75 Cooper ST's on some black sunraysia's that will be fitted tomorrow... pictures to come.

Then will be fitting some kind of suspension lift - not too sure how serious to go here just yet, but will be a good thing. Am toying with the idea of going down the Radflo coil-over route. Then will be fitting a new bullbar (possibly XROX or maybe custom?), some kind of underbody protection and maybe some rock sliders... so stay tuned.

Really looking forward to turning this thing into a useable off-roader, as it's just useless as it is for more than a dirt road or firm sand!

nice rig mate! i've never been a fan of those massive genuine bars, but lift and Xrox bar will certainly change the look!
look forward to seeing the built progress!
where in Brissy are you??

Welcome aboard mate. Agreed, those factory chrome front bars are god awful. Same with the Hilux ones!

Keep us up to date as it progresses mate. Looks like a tidy rig

Cheers fellas. Yeah it is pretty tidy for being 140k old - It seems that it was owned by some grey nomads before I got my hand on it and they looked after it pretty well!

Oh and I'm in Enoggera. Looking forward to catching up with some of you guys on future runs.

Cheers fellas. Yeah it is pretty tidy for being 140k old - It seems that it was owned by some grey nomads before I got my hand on it and they looked after it pretty well!

Oh and I'm in Enoggera. Looking forward to catching up with some of you guys on future runs.

Yeh we will have to catch up all the Brisbane boys! Looking forward to the build up mate and welcome to the navara's den

Well got the rims and tyres on - starting to look a bit better I reckon! Ride seems to be good but it's definately spaced out the gearing a little further - I think I like it though. Tyres are 265/75/16 Cooper ST's on 16x7 sunraysias. Offset is +18mm going by my dodgy tape measure method - no scrubbing to speak off anyway so that's a good thing.. and managed to pickup about 40mm in clearance too! Stoked.

It's starting to look really good mate. Noticed you removed the side steps also. When you think of doing your suspension, speak to Zordo from this site and he will set you up with what you need for a good price. Good luck with the build up.

A surprise root canal and wisdom teeth removal pulled the pin on the radflo's/prg UCA upgrade.. so Bilstein 5100s it is! Should be here in a week or two. Will chase some coils and new leafs from zordo in the meantime... looking forward to it all :)

Looking good mate, looks like mine but with and extra room on the back. How you finding the Coopers?? Im leaning towards BFG's A/T in the same size. Those bull bars have to go. Hope i can get enough for a carton from Sims scrap Lol. Hoping get the Xrox before me so i know what they look like on a black one :p. Was looking at black sunraisias but thinking i might just power coat the stocks.

Waiting for the couple of 4x4 shows in the next months to see if i can geta good deal. I should start a build up thread aswell. But it would be like yours with out a canopy. Might see you up Double Island sometime. Im at Tingalpa always keen to get out and get amoungst it and meet ppl.

Good luck with the build look forward on future mods.

Brownie

So most things turned up and I got all the gear in over a few afternoons - managed to get 90mm lift in the rear and 70mm in the front. Pretty happy with it!

Only problem was one of my struts didn't have the "installation kit" (washer and coil mount) in the box, so ended up buying some near new 5100s for that piece and will sell them on when my bit arrives from the states. Keep an eye on the forums I guess.. :/ Was a roundabout way to do it, but nobody I spoke to seemed to be able to get the 5100s in a reasonable time frame and I didn't fancy having my car off the road for two weeks while the part arrived..

A big thanks to Zordo for supplying most of my gear - he was more than happy to help out no matter how stupid my questions were. Couldn't have gotten it done without him!

Managed to pickup a stock steel bar for a good price so will clean that up and give it a spray in the next few days and see how it looks. Will be pretty happy to get rid of the shitty alloy one!

Also sourced a rooftop tent from tigerz11 at the 4wd show and they threw in a 22" LED light bar.. so looking forward to fitting that when I pick it up. About 7 weeks til I leave for the cape so I'm running out of time..

Latest posts

Back