Keep the D40 or get a GU

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
exactly what he said!! they suck the shit up from the bottom of the tank, an the fuel is what lubricates the iside of the injector, the pintle and the springs. if they get too hot they melt the tip off :/

It can clag them up with crap from the bottom of the fuel tank. It's best to never let your fuel run too low for this reason.

That i knew, was wondering if there was an issue with priming after draining empty

i'd be keeping the d40 and work with what you've got already mate. the cost of swapping vehicles then getting the gu set up well would be fairly substantial i would think.

i have a gu now and also use gu's and d40's for work and they are quite a different machine. while the patrol is great offroad and in my opinion you can be confident in it's strength and ability slightly more so than the d40, it's also a much less comfortable ride on and off road and can feel quite cumbersome. the d40's do also get quite good fuel economy in comparison.

i guess you've just got to weigh up what you want most out of the car. i'm thinking i'll be changing to a dual cab next for the versatility of the ute tray and because in the 2 years or so i've had the patrol i haven't really needed it for anything really heavy duty offroad. it's been a bit of a love/hate thing with the gu for me and the hate part is the ride quality with the solid axle front on the highway. it's just not a sophisticated and comfortable as the ifs

i'd be keeping the d40 and work with what you've got already mate. the cost of swapping vehicles then getting the gu set up well would be fairly substantial i would think.

i have a gu now and also use gu's and d40's for work and they are quite a different machine. while the patrol is great offroad and in my opinion you can be confident in it's strength and ability slightly more so than the d40, it's also a much less comfortable ride on and off road and can feel quite cumbersome. the d40's do also get quite good fuel economy in comparison.

i guess you've just got to weigh up what you want most out of the car. i'm thinking i'll be changing to a dual cab next for the versatility of the ute tray and because in the 2 years or so i've had the patrol i haven't really needed it for anything really heavy duty offroad. it's been a bit of a love/hate thing with the gu for me and the hate part is the ride quality with the solid axle front on the highway. it's just not a sophisticated and comfortable as the ifs

:congrats::congrats: Good honest, useful post.

Latest posts

Back