Np300 engine in D40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Good morning all. After endless battles with my current engine I have given up.

I am sure this had been covered somewhere but I cant seem to find any info.

I have a navara d40 yd25 2008 model. My question is will the yd25 from a np300 fit and work as replacement for my current engine or is there any modifications that i need to make.

It is a manual gearbox

first thing is what do you call a np300?
that name is very loosely used over a few different vehicles.

first thing is what do you call a np300?
that name is very loosely used over a few different vehicles.
I brain is working overtime to solve the problem my apologies. I am looking at the hardbody np300 2.5 diesel. Year model from 2010 to about 2013. It is fitted with a yd25ddti engine which from all my searching seems to be the same motor. Common rail injection setup, the intercooler being fited on top of the engine would need some tweeking to fit the navara front mounted one. I am just not sure will the cpu work on this engine or would it need replacing. As well as the gearbox.

ok so your talking about the D22 yd25.
its a massive drop in power. the internals not sure on. would be best to swap ecu as well.
even the d40 had 3 or more different output yd25's. would be far better to go find a matching replacement.

ok so your talking about the D22 yd25.
its a massive drop in power. the internals not sure on. would be best to swap ecu as well.
even the d40 had 3 or more different output yd25's. would be far better to go find a matching replacement.
I agree. My problem is they are pricey and I have spend more than I should have trying to get the original engine up and running. At this stage i feel like a box of matches will be a perfect fit. Fir me to fork out another 50K on a motor... eish not sure it is worth it

Latest posts

Back