Keyless Entry

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bennyv

Reaction score
Hi All,

I been watching the forum for a while(This forum made me decide to get a NAV over a Lux), first post though. I finally got my first Navara the yesterday. 2007 D40 RX, its the poverty pack. Its a change from my VE SV6 Commodore, but a welcome change.

One question in regards to keyless entry. I've searched and couldn't find a straight answer.

The car obviously has central locking as I have a switch on the dash and when I put the key in the key hole, all my doors unlock.

Is it as simple as going to Nissan and purchasing the keys for the car and having them programed, or is there an additional module required to make it work.

Cheers,
BennyV

Welcome to the forums.

This question came up a little while ago but I think it was in reference to the D22 central locking system. I can't remember the answer but I think the theory was that the central locking unit may not have the remote sender on it, but could have one added to it for keyless entry.

Maybe someone else can remember the thread and point you too it, until then I can only suggest an advanced search for "keyless entry" or something similar, I'm sure it was a thread from the last 2 or 3 months.

as above, you'll need some sort of sensor, just get a cheap alarm installed, will give you keyless entry plus extra protection.

Dont know about the D40's.....tho the D22 needs a kit installed...nissan sell them (keyless entry kit) from memory 250-300...there is a thread on these showing it.

Is the keyless entry a separate unit to the central locking or is it an add on?

add on kit....has a small control box tx/rx , a solenoid that conects onto the driver side door lock pushrod and the remotes...from memory...it was ages ago when i did it

No....the one solenoid operates the lock mechanism on that side which in turn sets of the central locking for all doors

I'm in the same situation!

I went into nissan and they said that nissan doesn't have/sell the 07 RX remote central locking kit and it'll have to be an after market job. I think I'll just buy one from eBay that has the key and buttons on the same remote then get the key cut.

Latest posts

Back