knob's in 4wd clubs.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i suppose i wouldn't have this type of issue cause if i had every tom dick n harry around...il be the last guy climbing so if i happened to stuff up i can only laugh at myself...drive home and cry myself to sleep ;-p

i suppose i wouldn't have this type of issue cause if i had every tom dick n harry around...il be the last guy climbing so if i happened to stuff up i can only laugh at myself...drive home and cry myself to sleep ;-p

hehehe....

sorry i should confirm a few minor details that i have left out which change's the story a bit for some of you.
the old guy was standing about 50 meter from the base of the hill, and just having a go at us saying you wont make it up there and dont park there, i know some of you have said that it could have been driver training, if it was driver training shouldn't he be half way up the hill giving people advice how to drive the hard section and not telling people where to park. Isn't part of a driver training day about guiding people on where to go and which line to take when im 4wding with my mates and we hit a hard section i will guide them through it so its safer for them. at no point was this cock head helping anyone except making his ego a bit bigger.

i will give you a bit of discription of the track that comp trucks can't drive but a navara could.

the track was like the shape of an "A" but with a rounded top. we start on the right hand side of the "A" got most of the way up and the other's would turn do a 90 degree turn to the left go along a bit then do a 90 degree turn to the left and go down beside the track that we originally went up. I in turn continued up to the very top of the"A" and turn around and came down the left side track.

when i said he went off at the guys following and driving up the hill. he had us stopped 50m from the base of the hill and 2 trucks would drive up to the base of the hill wait till the other truck was coming down the left hand track and the next truck would go up, both trucks had to have finished the whole track and park before he would allow any one near the base of the hill. thats where he went off, because we tried to get a bit of consistant line going so one going up, one coming down, and one waiting to go up.

nathan96 i hope this has cleared the situation up for you.

also i saw a comment about older guys have alot of knowledge and this is sometimes true but most of the time the older guys think what they did back in the 1990's is still correct. the problem with these old guys they forget about technology, like efi on a hill climb wont stop compared to carbies, or these diff locks are for people who can't drive. that's why i dont listen to cockhead old farts like that.

Last edited:
Kickars2 is right. If he's an instructor his place is either at the action, or better still sitting next to the novice.

The only time I ever done driver training in a 4X4 was at a Holden Adventurer/X8 drive day. As we negotiated the track single file, I was in the lead car with an instructor sitting next to me and with another instructor in a car in the middle of the pack. The other cars were to follow our line. Each car was instructed to wait till the car in front cleared the obstacle before continuing. We were driving their cars and yet cool heads prevailed It was a great day and a memorable experience as a result.

There is NO excuse for going off at anybody as described here, no matter what they are doing unless they were doing something really dangerous like going the wrong way on a one way track or maybe they are driving HIS car. If I made a boo boo in my car and someone had a full on go at me, I'd set him straight in no uncertain terms.

It aint hard to get you opinion across while still showing respect.

older guys think what they did back in the 1990's is still correct. the problem with these old guys they forget about technology, like efi on a hill climb wont stop compared to carbies, or these diff locks are for people who can't drive. that's why i dont listen to cockhead old farts like that.

Far out dude, u must be a young pup,

thinking like the 90's is like prehistoric,

EFI has been around since WWII fighter planes and invented even earlier.

( "these old guys") "fosils"as you so put it, havent forgotten about technology,
their the pioneers/inventors of such technological marvels,
and dont you forget that young lad.

or is it just we are not young enough to know as much as you young folk....Baaaa.

:flowers:

LOLALOT!! Funny stuff
:big_smile:
but

EFI has been around since WWII fighter planes and invented even earlier.

The Jerry's had Mechanical Fuel injection in WW2, but not Electronic Fuel Injection
True EFI was around in the 80's though.
But you tell 'em old timer:sarcastic:

LOLALOT!! Funny stuff
but

The Jerry's had Mechanical Fuel injection in WW2, but not Electronic Fuel Injection

Sorry my mistake..re Efi.

Germany used it for their Junkers V12, Daimler-Benz V12 and BMW radial engines and the rest history.

Though Electronic fi was used commercialy i think from the late 50's.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have Seen the Dickheads from NBS at Janowen Park and I agree .
They were holding Driver training in a paricular track and every thing and every one had to stop just for them .

I was with some friends that have (by the way) Suzukis and one of these guys told me that he had previously been part of that club.

And he was of that opinion they were cocks also!!:rant:

I don't need to forget that as I know I'm old enough to know better but still young enough to do it anyway.

LOLALOT!! Funny stuff
but

lol man that was so funny to read.

also can you guys tell me how a suzuki seirra fuels it's motor?
even 90's model suzuki's didn't have fuel injection.

Latest posts

Back