Knock Sensor location

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gonguana

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I have a 2005 Model V6 D22 Petrol, I am trying to find where the knock sensor location is on this model.
If anyone knows please share.
I have heard some are on the block side and other models its on top. I just can't find it.
thanks.

Can this sensor be disabled? I think the buckle,,,, for less than a better word. Is causing this to go off. I have to drive through the vibration at 95-100km/ph

If so how? can i just unplug it and reset the battery.
Thanks Lads.

Last edited:
Why disconnect it.

What fuel grade are you running, its there to stop your motor from being destroyed.

Download the Service manual.

Hey Dave, Thanks for the reply.
So nissan quoted $400 odd for the sensor.
A guy at erina who is an importer can get it for about $40. I just have to wait for it to come in.
The motor is retarded at the moment and so i am loosing a sh!t load of pulling power.
I know the motor doesnt have a knock, Well i'm 99% sure. I had a mechanic have a look and i can't hear anything "Not that, That means much" Because it's dual fuel i dont want to run it on gas while it's running lean. I did a trip to Sydney the other day on gas and it back fired once. So i started getting worried.
When i reasearch the backfire i found posts of warnings of valve burn while running lean. So hense why i wanted to bypass it until the new knock sensor come in to the country.

Update.
Well the sensor is installed and the truck is back to it's old self. Put the computer on it after the install and system reported OK. Super happy.
Took it for run down the F3 and went like it's old self.
Only thing i think i'll change is. I'll look to get a high flow air filter as i think they are better. The one i have i think is a bit restrictive.

All thanks to Tuggerah Auto for the install Ryan is a top fella.

Latest posts

Back