knocking noise when turning left & right

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jflow78

Reaction score
Hi guys, recently installed 3 inch lift, I seem to get a continual knocking noise when turning left or right, it started to happen when I went off road, almost like something is loose, I can feel it under might feet. Looked at bushes but they all seem fine ( only 10,000 km), but it does feel like a knocking noise when a bush has gone.

Any ideas?, seems to be more noticeable on terrain

Last edited:
i have that aswell i did a 2 inch lift and it feels like a sort of 'click' under your feet, no idea what it could be

the body mount bushes degrade reasonably often - could just be timing of one of them going. Would make a small knock when momentum shift occurs.... just a thought

The ironman 2" rear springs rub on the front mounts, i have a 2010 D22 and they must have made a slight structural change to the front mounts which meant the Ironman springs started making a "clicking noise" when actuated. (funily enough it was only on one side though).

I took the car into ironman and they trimmed up both springs accordingly and its been golden ever since. If you get underneith and get someone to bounce it, you'll feel/hear it.

the body mount bushes degrade reasonably often - could just be timing of one of them going. Would make a small knock when momentum shift occurs.... just a thought

I have noticed the body to chassis rubber mounts had some movment when I put a wedge in between , surley there shouldn't be to much play there, could this be the issues?

The ironman 2" rear springs rub on the front mounts, i have a 2010 D22 and they must have made a slight structural change to the front mounts which meant the Ironman springs started making a "clicking noise" when actuated. (funily enough it was only on one side though).

I took the car into ironman and they trimmed up both springs accordingly and its been golden ever since. If you get underneith and get someone to bounce it, you'll feel/hear it.

don't you mean the shock not the spring? i noticed this when i installed it so i just used the spacers that came with the kit to give it clearance

banging when turning

got same problem as this when turn right after lifting ute up and putting new shocks in whats the cause

Strange to hear that, my nav has done 250000k and Im still on the original mounts

Is yours a Thai model ?
I've got the same issue, as does my mate. Identical. The body mount under drivers feet, began calling it quits.
I described it to nissan when it went there for a service and the bloke instantly knew what it was, being a Thai model. He then said they will tighten them up, which they did. It fixed it, But it's come back after, 3-4 weeks and i notice the body mount is now much looser.
Next time I'll hit 'em up for replacements.

Yeah same deal here with mine.. its 6 months old with a 2" lift and same thing happened to me about 3 months ago.. Have to get the body mounts replaced.. but of a muck around

Latest posts

Back