Leaf springs creaking d22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeteV

Reaction score
Hi all, got a 2013 d22 navara and have creaky leaf springs. This was fixed at the 1000kms service but creaking has returned. I've been told it requires a 'special' grease (as per the Nissan service guys) and best to bring back in for servicing under warranty. I hate going there for simple crap like this and it's also a massive inconvenience as they take it for a day, I work F/T yadayadayada. They have good customer service (sofar) but was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this from time to time and whether they fixed it themselves. My understanding from the service guy is that all that's required is take the weight off the back to spread the leafs and spray some 'special' grease into them. I can do the first bit with ramps but don't know any brands or what to shove in them. Any help would be appreciated. "Newby starting to get a bit of an idea". Cheers.

I have the same model and only now and then get a bit of creaking. Really, it doesn't bother me. Mainly cause I know I will upgrade suspension in the near future. It's not made to be a comfy vehicle. It's made to work. Do you find it still creaks with the tub loaded?

the creaking is usually the shackles and bushes need grease isnt it?

Usually, however sometimes the leaves rub within the pack and cause creaking... Most springs now have rubber in between them to stop this happening though............ As for special grease, I doubt it. If anything it would be silicon spray that I'd use if I had that problem... If that doesn't work, motorbike chain oil....

you sure its the leaf springs? i get a creaking from the front end of mine on lock - its the steering stops rubbing against the suspension arms. bit of grease on them every now and again stops the noise :)

new d22 = very poor suspension
greaseable shackles will quieten the spring noise down a bit
your shocks wont last more than 20k
your oem springs will invert shortly, if not already
you really should consider a sus upgrade as you will never be happy with the std factory crap

great utes
terrible oem suspension

cheers

Back