Leak where tailshaft enters gearbox

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rspec294

Reaction score
Hi guys I need some info please , I had to change my flywheel and did the clutch at the same time and ended up putting a 4 terrain clutch and flywheel kit in it , first thing I noticed when driving it was a little bit of vibration through the gear stick but was told that was ok , not long after was towing the tinney camping noticed spots of oil on the tail gate and after having a look there was oil drops where the tailshaft enters the gear box , took it back and they replaced the seal and a couple of weeks later it leaks again , anybody with any ideas could it now be the unis maybe cause there is more vibration now the dual mass flywheel is gone ,need help.

The vibration is caused by engine rotation variations. As a cylinder starts its combustion downstroke the crankshaft will accelerate as the crank passes through 90 degrees from the conrod. The crankshaft rotation speed will then slow as the piston nears the bottom and another cylinder is nearing the top of its compression stroke and the cycle begins again.

Your car should not fall apart from this vibration. If the transfer case seal is being destroyed then I wonder if there's something on the drive shaft that's causing it.

thanks mate ,I don't really want to take it back to place that did so I might have to pull it and see for myself and to to check everything else as well .

Back