LED light bar with Osram led's

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Henrik

Reaction score
Hi all

I've been looking at light bars for a long time now trying to find one that suits me and fits where I want it to be.

I then came across a 20 inch 210 watt double row light bar from Sunyee with Osram led's each 5 w with special fish eyes.

But lately I've heard that you want to go with 10 w or higher led's, but what do you think - is it okay anyway in comparison? Anyone with experience with this particular light bar?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435696560.470699.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1435696574.580494.jpg

I have one of the "20 inch" 12x10W CREE units from Sunyee and it puts out something like 15,000lumens for 120W - so per watt of power input, the amount of light coming out is greater. Sunyee now has 12x15W - but they don't say how many lumens (yet). It'd be worth watching those and see how they fair.

I find the slim units quite good because there's less obstruction of my view - in my case, it's on top of the centre hoop of my bullbar.

The only thing to remember with LEDs is that they scatter light quite effectively. It's absolutely superb to use in good weather. In poor conditions - and fog is bad, I've not tried it in snow - I turn mine off. It tends to turn the fog into a white blanket that I can't see through.

You also don't get the raw distance from LEDs. You get more than enough light to be able to stop in when you see something, but you can't send morse code signals to other planets.

If you're happy with those caveats, LEDs are great.

I can't find any light bars on Sunyees eBay with 15w led's?

They sound promising though!

What I liked about the one with Osrams led's is that it looks black, so I can hide it within the bumper. Plus the fish eyes should make the light more focused.

That looks very nice Tony!

Now I'm torn! :-/

It only has 4 flood led's and they are to the sides only. My plan is to mount it within the bumper so it lights out through the grill... But I have to check up on that.

But I tend to go for the "newer" 15 w led's - they must be very bright! 😊

Will do Tony, but we don't have a lot of fog in Denmark, at least when I'm driving to and from work, so it could take a while 😊

Back