LED reverse/ work lights!!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good, just a couple more things, the fuse at pin 30 for the relay you won't need, but I would put one just after the switch in the dash. Only reason being that 30 won't have power going back out of it, so you only need to fuse 1 end, but the feed from the dash switch will have 12v when the switch is either on or in reverse with the car in reverse, get what I mean?

You only need to fuse as close to the power source as possible, if anything happens to the wire after that the fuse will blow and you won't get any power anyway, so it saves on a fuse.

No probs, have fun wiring it all up, lol. I don't mind working it out in drawings, I just hate having to do it, lol

Oh I'm also a little confused at to how the manual override works. Do I need to wire the 1 switch into pin 30? Orhave a 12v source coming off battery onto switch then into pin30

Oh I'm also a little confused at to how the manual override works. Do I need to wire the 1 switch into pin 30? Orhave a 12v source coming off battery onto switch then into pin30

Dw I answered it myself with you post before. Off battery into switch then fuse after switch into pin 30

Not sure what you mean there... the dash switch will have 12v from the reverse wire when in that position and 12v from either a constant or ignition switched feed under the dash, depending on when you want to be able to use the lights (ign on or off). Then the wire out of the switch goes to pin 86 on the relay. Pin 30 is the main battery feed through the relay, so you only need to fuse that at the battery, then straight to the relay.

Does that make sense? Pin 30 is joined to 87a when the relay is off and joined to 87 when the relay is on.

Yep I think I understand. So both manual override and off should go to pin 86. Or just the manual override from incab? Plus manual override will be constant not ignition

Yeah, the in cab switch to 86, if you want to actually isolate the whole system you can put a 2 way switch on pin 30 and that will stop the lights from working altogether unless it is turned on.

Otherwise the way it is currently, the switches at the lights will work regardless of the position of the in cab switch. An isolation switch might not be a bad idea as it will stop some random person turning the lights on and sending the battery flat. Unless you hide the switches away a bit so they aren't visible.

Yeah, the in cab switch to 86, if you want to actually isolate the whole system you can put a 2 way switch on pin 30 and that will stop the lights from working altogether unless it is turned on.

Otherwise the way it is currently, the switches at the lights will work regardless of the position of the in cab switch. An isolation switch might not be a bad idea as it will stop some random person turning the lights on and sending the battery flat. Unless you hide the switches away a bit so they aren't visible.

I like that idea of having the relay switched. But does that then mean my reverse lights won't turn on unless I activate that switch? It wouldn't be hard to run extra wire back to the cab for the relay. Just means I will have a 2way and 3way incab. Gives me total control of the lights then.

So selection 2 on my switch is usually off. Does this wire connect to pin 86 or do I not wire selection 2 and just earth it.

what 3 way switch are you using? is it just going to be a 3 pin one? if so, the middle pin goes to 86 on the relay, then say top pin is +12v override, bottom pin is reverse input. this way it will send 12v to the coil on the relay and activate the led's. you are only tapping into the reverse light signal to use it to switch the relay on, your reverse lights will still work with the switch off...

if you only want to isolate the switches at the lights, you can stick another switch in the cab running between pin 87a and the lights if you want. that way there will be 2 switches, 1 for in cab override or reverse and another for manual single light control.

that way, if you want to use the lights from the cab you just use the 3 way switch, but if you want to use the lights individually then you need to turn the 2 way switch in the cab on first, then use the switches at the lights. does that make sense? that will give you isolation at least so noone can play silly buggers on you.

or, if you would rather you can set them up on 2 separate relays to achieve the same result, but that just means adding another relay into the mix

Yeh makes sense now. So top pin is just any 12v constant feed. Middle to 86 bottom to reverse. I am thinking the extra switch at 87a is a brilliant idea.

Ill prob ask a few more questions when its time to wire up.until then ill leave it here.

Thanks heaps again. Ill just make a few minor adjustment to my drawing and it'll be good

yeah, that's it, haha we got there eventually. you may need to check the switch out, some of them the pins are opposite to the actual switch lever, as in when the switch is up the bottom pin is active, that's caught me out before, lol

Nice, they have a lot of stuff there for this kind of thing, not always the brightest staff though... I guess its the same most places now though...

Latest posts

Back