lift by torsion bar

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vfighter

Reaction score
Guys - Was chatting with a mate today who told me you can get some suspension lift by tightening the torsion bars.

I thought this sounded a bit strange - can anyone clarify this? He has a 2006 3.0L turbo DI. I think its a D22 engine, but he showed me where to tighten the torsion bar nut on mine (saying it with a smirk) lol

thanks

Anton

Lifting torsion bars will only give you lift in the front, you will still need rear leaf springs and extended shackles, shocks etc

was just reading some other threads on it. How far can you tighten and whats the maximum lift you could get from it without causing any damage to bump stops or CV joints?

generally 2" lift. you can push it to 3" but you tend to hammer the bump stops so 2" is the recommended.
edit: when i say hammer the bump stops theres a risk you can fatigue the chassis and break it.

Last edited:
Also its worth noting that anymore then 2" lift your not going to be able to get the alignment right as you'll be outside adjustment range. So your up for longer upper control arms to fix that issue. Tyres are too expensive to scrub out ;)

Back