Little or no boost

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stomper

Reaction score
Northern Suburbs, Perth, Western Australia
Hey guys,

have a problem with my 07 D40, went for a quick drive the other day off road, all was ok and normal, once on the road i lost a whole lot of power.

appeared to gone into limp mode, so turned the vehicle off had a quick look under the hood, removed chip and replaced, start car, still the same.
Got it home laboriously noticing black smoke from the exhaust on acceleration.

Have reset the ecu, removed chip, but still no boost or power, black smoke still under load, is driving better than the initial limp mode, as that would not accelerate past 3000 rpm.

no codes show when scanned, have noticed, it boosts only to around 2 psi, once to 5 psi.

fuel light was on when this happened, never noticed any engine light

Vehicle has done 133000 kms

any ideas guys?

regards,
Stuart

Have you checked there is no water in the fuel filter, no noise from the turbo or damage to the compressor vanes? Could also be the turbo control solenoid. Which engine?
Cheers,
Mike

hey man mine did the exact same thing at 140,000kms it shit a boost solenoid. itll pump in heaps of fuel (hence the black smoke) but little to no boost. about $320 for a solenoid i think. looking from the front, right hand side of the engine below the hot side intercooler pipe. itll be a little maroon coloured solenoid sitting in a rubber holder.

I've read that when a car goes to limp home mode it can sometimes be rectified by disconnecting your battery for 30 mins, which will reset any probs, even though you said there was no fault codes apparent.

At work we have some state of the art vehicles that won't show a fault code when plugged into the laptop, but a simple battery disconnect sometimes fixes it.

Also check your turbo hoses are connected, my mates triton dropped a hose once, hence no boost.

Let us know how u go.

Check under the plastic engine cover just on the drivers side there is a rubber hose joining to an alloy pipe seems to be a boost line going somewhere ours cracked the rubber hose and it just drove like a 2.5non turbo new bit of 10mm rubber and away we go.

Latest posts

Back