lockers

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I could be dead sure that it was never going to hoist a back wheel (I have pictures of the car with both inside wheels very nearly off the deck mid corner) the ideal diff would probably be the helical/torsen style fitted to a GTR. The torque bias of those things mean that there is never any doubt about what they are going to do. The only thing that makes them less than suitable for 4WD use is the fact that if you do lift a tyre they stop working. You can bring them back into effect by dragging a brake but that would get irritating in consistent tough going.

Found the pic. A Torsen/Quaife type would probably still work for me as the car is only loaded up like this for a moment. This is my toy and most of the KM my nav does is with this on a trailer behind it.

loadedup.jpg

Tommy, I would certainly agree with you about unpredictability for the most common LSD type (Cone type as fitted to most Borg Warner diffs in Australian cars) They are about as predictable as a cut snake cold and even worse hot and if you use them on the track you can wear them out in a day. At least they are predictable after that, they just do nothing! Even worn out my factory LSD is predictable, just with the tyres on the car if I really get on the throttle in a very tight corner then I will overwhelm it and make it slip.

Last edited:
yeah i like the 31 2doors! everyone has or had a 32,33 or a 34! pretty sure my mate was running a R200 diff in his 1600 with a 310rwhp sr20! held up fine.

Im a big fan of LSD's! good ones that is! had one in a falc... wait wait wait woops round we go! We do the conversion to LSD with quaife's in the ford XR5 turbos we mod at work, done heaps of em. They are really good, hook up unreal round the track! Feel sick admitting it though :eek: If you got the coin thats the way to go. Lockers are for the dragstrip... need to be constantly "aware" driving em on the street! :big_smile:

Back