LOKKA diff lock

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhino2302

Reaction score
Hey guys. Just wondering if anyone has any feed back on the LOKKA Diff locks. I am tossing up wether to put one in the front of my D40 2010 Thai built ST.

I have a few questions

What are the long term effects like with them?

What are they like in 2wd/4wd?

Does anyone had any issues with them?

Do they greatly increase damage/wear on other parts?

Are the d40 diffs strong enough to cope with LOKKA?

What are the pros and cons of installing one apart from the obvious fact of the wheels being locked.

Thanks a lot for any info. I really appreciate it.

I was reading their stuff but the entire Diff/hubs etc are completely different. The D40s aren't a free axle. But thanks mate.

Thanks gunning!! That's awesome. Has anyone experienced any additional wear and tear etc on their car? I'm just trying to make the choice wether to get one or not and leave it as open centres. I just don't want to regret spending the $1100 as soon as its in or even worse be up for a lot more dollars soon after because it puts so much extra strain on my running gear and is constantly breaking things if that makes any sense.

in the late nineties I sold Lockrite lockers....on a car that doesnt have free wheeling hubs noise of operation on the street was often mentioned to be quite loud

in the late nineties I sold Lockrite lockers....on a car that doesnt have free wheeling hubs noise of operation on the street was often mentioned to be quite loud

I dont think they are as noisy now days, probably refined them a little more, although you can still hear a click now and then, but nothing horrendous.

Also you really shouldnt get any more wear on any thing while on the tar because the unit wont have any drive coming from the engine.
Without any drive the unit will unlock as soon as the road surface torque on the wheels changes, so as soon as you steer and the wheels start doing different speeds and therefor revolutions the unit will unlock.

The only thing i wouldnt like is if you are in a situation where lockers are NOT needed like a fire trail with allot of switchbacks or hairpins where the navs shit turning circle is already an issue the LOKKA will just exaggerate the problem especially when you are on an uphill section and you are forced to apply the throttle in order to drive up the hill.
In those cases you may wish you could turn it off.
You can and will have to change your driving style a little to, most guys i know with them say you need to get off the go peddle just at the beginning of the turn to allow the LOKKA to disengage so you can get steering then once you have got the car turning apply the gas.

Thanks a lot for your help Nathan. If you had a choice between having one or leaving your car with open centres what would you prefer?

Thanks a lot for your help Nathan. If you had a choice between having one or leaving your car with open centres what would you prefer?
I would say it really depends on what you do and where you go with your nav, for me I like to drive at the cars limits allot so I wanted one as I found I was always getting cross locked which makes you end up having to use the loud peddle to get through or passed obstacles, which isn't really good for the driveline and is often the cause of failure.
I actually pre paid for one before their official release, but after the delivery date kept moving back weeks at a time and I had to keep chasing them for info on when they would actually have them ready I ended up getting my money back after almost 4 months of waiting.
So I ended up planning on an E-locker which I think is the best way to go with the d40, but I sold the car before doing that.
I now have he 2012 st which has traction control and once you get use to making it work is almost as good as a locker, so now I don't feel as though I need one at all as the new one goes further then any of my other navs and does it with less effort.
Bottom line is if you have the cash go for a e-locker or an air locker for total control over when it is used, but if the funds don't allow it then I would use the "lokka "

Latest posts

Back