long range tank

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

googs

Reaction score
I'm thinking about installing a long range tank and have found a company that do a 145 ltr replacement for a 08 D22. My question is do I need extra mounting haardware to handle the extra weight? I am also intending to do it myself, is it very difficult? If anyone has done this let me know of any hints or tips! I have also found some that do a 60ltr auxilary but this would include a fuel transfer pump and more accesories. Let me know your thoughts!:idea:

I have a longrange tank in my Nav. 125L tank though.

Tanz on here has a tank that I picked up second hand, 145L 4WDSystems tank.

I just didn't have the time to run around and get one of the welds fixed on it, so on sold it to Tanz.

From what I seen the bolt holes needed elogating as they didn't line up.

However, he is happy with the tank.

Who makes the auxilary tank ?

thumbs up here for the 120lt Long Range Automotive tank. it has very strong mounting brackets. No need for any additional strengthening. Hope you have someone to help lift it up, i did it myself and my arms nearly dropped off, they weigh over 40kg dry and you have to lift, put bolts in and they fit very tight so its really awkward by yourself. Try to get a 2nd pair of arms to help!!

Last edited:
the auxillary tank I found was made by the "longranger" The 145 litre was a 4WD systems unit and is my fav so far. They are asking $1150 inc delivery, is that allright? Would I have to remove the drive shaft do you think? Do they affect under body clearance at all?

Yes you have to drop the tailshaft and tie it out of the way. The 145lt will hang lower then the 120/125 ones. The reason the main player go for that capapity is its a good balance of size/weight/clearance. Bigger isn't always better, that said the extra 20lt might be handy.

I've got a 125l longranger - goes in easy - but it's a massive pain if you ever need to remove the tub (after the tank is installed)

This is the e-mail I recieved from 4WD systems.
"Hi Ben,
We manufacture here in South Australia a 145 Li replacement tank to suit your vehicle. We use 2mm steel for maximum strength and have fully welded internal baffles {not stitch welded} which provide extra structural strength. Standard ground clearance is maintained.
Magnetic drain plug for extra cleanliness and a 3 year unlimited km warranty.
Uses original filler and gauge sender unit.
Comes with a DIY kit and instructions.
Cost is currently $1021 and $113 delivery to your door.

We also have a 137Li for $953 delivered."

Maybe the 137 would be slightly better, I definately don't want the tank to hang lower than the chassis rails. I usually get 8.5L/100km so even a 125 would get me to the next reputable fuel stop. Living in Alice means it can be quite a trip between good fuel stations. Thanks for the info so far.

I get 1150km's usually in my ZD30 powered D22 before the fuel light comes on.

You should atleast get 1200km's in the CRD.

How much was the 125L tank Dave? I have been thinking about doing this mod in 6 months or so and the Brown and Davis tank looks to be what will be the best.

I got mine about 4 years ago.

Was like $1000 fitted at Newcastle TJM.

Well worth the dollars.

I've decided I might look into LR tanks, I don't really need one but it would be handy occasionally, however I'm going to look at getting one made first, mate has one in his Lux which holds 200 litres are he paid less than $500.

If you go through with it Krafty. Post up the details.

Be interesting to see what you can fit under a 22.

That is decent Dave. I was planning on fitting it myself so I would imagine then tank would be cheaper now after a few years.

Sound good Krafty. Keep us updated as it would be interesting to see how you go. Might be worth getting one made if it is around the same weight. I would be worried a 200L would add a fair bit to one side.

How much deeper are the 125L tanks compared to the standard. I thought that they would be longer and if any a slight bit deeper

The mate has his in the tub made to fit against the front wall of the tub but I wouldn't go quite that big. I have considered making one fit under a false floor but I don't want a false floor so that is out however now I'm back to talking to the guys about replacing the one that's there with whatever they can fit.

It will be atleast 2 months before I get into this but I'll see what happens when I do.

How much deeper are the 125L tanks compared to the standard. I thought that they would be longer and if any a slight bit deeper

haven't measured but certainly deeper without going way below the chassis and they go up over the tailshaft. you don't want to be denting the tank too much from hanging too low or you'll shrink its tank size back to standard lol.

haven't measured but certainly deeper without going way below the chassis and they go up over the tailshaft. you don't want to be denting the tank too much from hanging too low or you'll shrink its tank size back to standard lol.

Hmm maybe the 2" suspension lift before this then aye?
Would be great for me to be able to go 3 or so weeks without filling up.

Latest posts

Back