Longer Rear Shocks

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peteyen86

Reaction score
Hey guys.

Currently running Bilsteins 2" shocks in the rear. Im pretty sure they are limiting my wheel travel, will confirm tomorrow night.

What options do we have for longer shocks?

Im trying to get some info on the shocks in the link below. Meant to offer more travel but its hard to find any specs.

https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/frontier-5100-series-bilstein-rear-shocks-p-4228.html

My bilsteins are about 568 extended and around 355 compressed (hard to measure that by yourself)

Pete

Pull one of yours out and measure them closed and open centre of eye to centre of eye an ill tell you

My bilsteins are about 568 extended and around 355 compressed (hard to measure that by yourself)

Need the correct eye diameter etc aswell. The hiluxs the same? What shocks are you running and how do they travel.

At this stage I'm running the same as you. But looking at upgrading to a Hilux shock. I standard two inch lifted shock for a Hilux at full extension eye to eye is around 600mm closed at around 375

At this stage I'm running the same as you. But looking at upgrading to a Hilux shock. I standard two inch lifted shock for a Hilux at full extension eye to eye is around 600mm closed at around 375

That sounds like a good size. I guess a little over 600 and as close to 355 closed would be best? Hopefully the webiste i provided the link to at the top gets back to me. 80 bucks a shock for bilsteins... we wont get that here.

I read another guys post saying rancho 3" shocks sold for the navara by companys is the following;

Rancho RS999116...............381 closed, 603 extended

What are the rancho rs9000Xl's like to bilsteins i wonder? Guessing not as good.

Hey mate.

Had a look at that the other night. They quote the same shock as i have for their 3" Bilstein shock. US part number is B461100 i believe and Aus Number for the same shock is B460258. Not sure why they have different prices for the same shock.

I have the numbers at work, so will check that out tomorrow to make sure im right..lol

All that has is part number though? No lengths or anything to compare?

I read another guys post saying rancho 3" shocks sold for the navara by companys is the following;

Rancho RS999116...............381 closed, 603 extended

What are the rancho rs9000Xl's like to bilsteins i wonder? Guessing not as good.

A mate of mine has the Rancho adjustable's on his car (not a Navara but is a coil sprung car) and loves them

Latest posts

Back