Looking for aggressive tires

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...As with remoulds, personally I wouldn't put them on the family car, but as a second set to tear shreds off, then they're perfect for the job. I've had a few sets over the years just for that purpose.
I'm guessing just about every bus, truck, and taxi probably has either retreads or remoulds....

I am happy to be corrected on this, but I recall a law being passed some time age in the ACT that prevented remoulds and recaps being fitted to taxis, rental cars, hire cars. I do believe at the time NSW was looking at something similar - whether it was introduced, I don't know.

In the transport industry - someone with better knowledge may be able to correct me on this - you are allow reGROOVED rubber on the steering axle, but not remoulded, is that correct?

My concern with the remoulded rubber is not the times you are doing a few km/h in the scrub - it's after that - once they've taken a bunch of punishment and you are doing 100km/h on your trip home...one lets go and you are another statistic. Just my opinion. As Tony said, all to save a couple of bucks.

You never, never know the kind of punishment the "donor" tyre carcass has been subjected to.

Latest posts

Back