loose bonnet

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blue boy

Reaction score
is there any way to adjust your bonnet height? my bonnet seems to have gone sloppy in the latch and theres about 5mm movement up and down when the bonnet's closed.

I think someone else here had a similar problem and they fixed it by twisting the rubber stoppers at the front of the bonnet up a bit. Atleast I think it was this forum I read that on.

Doesn't lifting them raise them to the bonnet and therefore allow the bonnet something to sit on? Otherwise the only method I know of is a 10 or 12 mm spanner and adjusting each hinge until it sits where you want it like we used to do on older cars.

I wanted to adjust mine the other day and couldn't find any adjusting rubbers...
My bonnet sits low on drivers side front corner, it's about 2-3mm lower than the front guard near headlight. I pisses me off looking at it while driving.

thinking of just glueing another bit of rubber under the stoppers to pull the bonnet tight against the latch.

10navst, i'm hearing ya it pisses me off looking at mine wriggle and shake around when driving.

thinking of just glueing another bit of rubber under the stoppers to pull the bonnet tight against the latch.

10navst, i'm hearing ya it pisses me off looking at mine wriggle and shake around when driving.

Mine did this when I got it, I wound up the rubber stops with the spiral cuts that Tony mentions and then adjusted the latch down until happy, it may take a few goes and the latch has three bolts with 12mm heads, they are really obvious when you look straight at it, now the bonnet is great !!

Latest posts

Back