Loose feeling?!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. Be sitting if you get a quote on a replacement...."cause its normal ware and tear" and not covered by waranty or you "abused it by going offroad" ... then point out the stickers on the back and side of the tub ... mine says 4x4 on the back and Offroad on the side.

2. Ask for some foreplay first cause your gonna get screwed big time.

3. Then get a quote from a steering and suspension place (NOT Midas or Pedders).

4. Talk to your insurance company about a claim for damage sustained whilst 4wding.

Last edited:
Apparently there's no freeplay...I'm going back to the mechanics and taking a video of the loose steering box.
Oh right... should be a warranty job. Seems a bit weird, but oh well... would be good to see a video

How did you go? I think 99% d22's have free play in the steering.. Try greasing up the front end that might take up some slack too

Oh right... should be a warranty job. Seems a bit weird, but oh well... would be good to see a video
Had it checked by my regular mechanic and he said it seems fine. Torsion bars have been wound up and that seems to have made a bit of a difference but something still feels slightly off. Getting new tyres soon and wheel alignment, hopefully that improves it.
How did you go? I think 99% d22's have free play in the steering.. Try greasing up the front end that might take up some slack too
Yeah, still freeplay in the steering but totally normal for the 22. Has been greased up :)

Back