Low boost pressure readings

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timcyn7

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I installed a forefront digital boost pressure gauge yesterday. I went for a spin and its only reading 12.8 max, under full load. Im thinking thats low as most say the stock turbo should be running around 16psi?
Any ideas?
I have checked hoses, clamps etc. No blockages. In idle the gauge reads -1, but thats normal from what i understand.

I only ever use to get around 14 when stock standard. Manual boost controllers are pretty cheap.

Hey Guys,

I installed a forefront digital boost pressure gauge yesterday. I went for a spin and its only reading 12.8 max, under full load. Im thinking thats low as most say the stock turbo should be running around 16psi?
Any ideas?
I have checked hoses, clamps etc. No blockages. In idle the gauge reads -1, but thats normal from what i understand.

what engine do you have ?

it shouldn't be reading -1. either the gauge is setup incorrectly (some digitals can be adjusted) or you have a big intake restriction, which could also be the reason for the low boost.

yeh mine filkers between -1 and 0psi ... being digital they are sensitive

its only down around 1.5psi off the standard 14psi

could be completely normal.....or something like a relaxed wastegate spring or intake restriction or semi blocked cat

PS: you said under full load...what sort of revs?

yeh mine filkers between -1 and 0psi ... being digital they are sensitive

its only down around 1.5psi off the standard 14psi

could be completely normal.....or something like a relaxed wastegate spring or intake restriction or semi blocked cat

PS: you said under full load...what sort of revs?

from 1500 to 4000rpm, so thats a good range lol I never really go over 3krpm anyway but even at 3000rpm it maxes out at 11ish. I have ordered a new 3 inch exhaust so ill see how that goes. After that will be your front mount cooler and turbo :)

do the boost test at between 3000rpm and 3500rpm. they don't get max boost until 3000rpm (in stock form) and in a high gear eg 4th gear, you need to keep foot to floor and not accelerate much. up hill is easiest.

do the boost test at between 3000rpm and 3500rpm. they don't get max boost until 3000rpm (in stock form) and in a high gear eg 4th gear, you need to keep foot to floor and not accelerate much. up hill is easiest.

Yeah that done a few times going to work. Tried 3rd, and 4th, no difference.

yeh i wouldnt be too concerned tim....as tweak said they do take a bit of a flogging to get to higher boost

it could be that over time your actuator has relaxed a bit or something

depends on temp at the moment too...is it hot where you are?

Latest posts

Back