low oil warning

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lookbothways

Reaction score
Hoping for some quick help, started my vehicle tonight as I was about to go to work night shift, low oil warning came on plus the oil light was flashing, quickly turned the engine off, had a quick look around, oil level was fine, no signs of any oil leaks, was now late for work so left in another vehicle.

The Navara is only 10 months old 2.5l Navara Silverline with 9500 km so wouldn't expect any thing major, drove fine this morning, plenty of power, no smoke etc.

Like I said didn't have time to have a good look around but any advice on where to look in the morning would be appreciated.
Cheers

I'm thinking the sensor wire has either come loose or has muck in it. The oil pressure switch is just in front of the oil cooler (round object on the right hand side of the engine with a central nut and a hose coming out, looks like fins around its circumference - it's immediately below the oil filter). The sensor could be damaged, but before replacing it, check earth points for battery, engine and ECU (right hand side of engine bay over the wheel).

Thanks Old Tony, will have a look around in the morning, other than checking the dipstick I didn't have much time to have a close look as I was getting late for work at that stage, vehicle was serviced about 4 months & 4000k ago

I check weekly & noticed no oil losses or leaks, was guessing/hoping a sensor but didn't know where to start looking.

Coming off a 12 hour night shift I probably wont see too much in the morning but will give it a go

failing that I will ring Nissan & see what they have to say, but being this close to Christmas I wont be expecting a lot

Thanks for the help

Try adding 250-500ml of oil and see if it goes. I get this occasionally after servicing and this fixes it, doesn't seem to make much difference on the dipstick but figure it might be a little crud on the switch internally.

Came home this morning after work & had a look around, saw nothing obvious so started the vehicle, everything was fine, no warning lights & no flashing lights, same again tonight, started fine oil light quick to go off, will keep an eye on it & hopefully gets me through to the next service & will get Nissan to check it out.

Thanks to everyone for their input, I think I went into panic mode too quick but its not a good look when your 10 month old vehicle tells you its has a problem just as you are heading to work

Funny part is mine did it after a Nissan service years ago and they said they'd fix it. Pretty sure their fix was throw a bit more oil in too.

Latest posts

Back