Lowering D22 4x4?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WayneG

Reaction score
Hey all,

This is going to sound counter productive, but will there be any issues lowering a 4x4 D22? I'm tired of the rough ride and being thrown around from having a lifted Nav with big tyres etc. Plus I don't do much 4wding these days, but still want the 4wd ability if I need it.

Something like this setup would be good..
http://www.maroochycarsound.com.au/gallery/nissan-navara

It's got the transfer case shifter there still, but I wonder if they've removed front drive shafts or anything like that. And I wonder if they've change to a 2wd setup in the rear where the axle sits over the leaf.

It appears as though it has no front hubs? not with those wheels anyway, BUT what i dont get is why they are showing two different utes?? one has a red dash and what appears to be an Auto shifter (which means it could be an import) and one has the stock D22 dash also there are two different number plates 30-STR and 30-MCS.

Anyway i dont see why you cant lower it, you may have to change the torsion bars and leafs but other then that i dont see any probs.

I think it's the same ute, just pre and post install/paint job. (And then different plates too).

But I didn't see the lack of locking hubs, good pick up! There's a good chance they've removed the front driveshafts and put in drop spindles then...

My limit will be the front bump stops. So all I can do is wind it down and see what happens I guess...

I think it's the same ute, just pre and post install/paint job. (And then different plates too).

But I didn't see the lack of locking hubs, good pick up! There's a good chance they've removed the front driveshafts and put in drop spindles then...

My limit will be the front bump stops. So all I can do is wind it down and see what happens I guess...

its gotta be two different utes, they have two entirely different dashes, not only in colour but in style as well as one is an auto.
If you look at rows 4-6 in that section with all the pics you will see what i mean.

Latest posts

Back