Made the Switch

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MjWatt

Reaction score
Hey!

I've always been a patrol driver for most of my 4WDing times, from the 3.3L TD MK, 4.5L GU's and the previous 4.8L Injected gas powerhouse.

I just brought my first new car, 2013 Navara D40 ST Auto in the Velvet Blue.

Had a tow bar, genuine alloy bar and soft tourno cover fitted at delivery.

Just ordered the tub liner, window tinting and now deciding if I go a Safari snorkel or genuine one.

On the cards are a set of HID's (if budget lets me), Air Compressor and UHF and the standard electric brake controller.

So far, quiet impressed with the 2.5L TD!

I'm located in Newcastle NSW and attend most of the local 4WD events!

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum!

Quite a few of us here in Newcastle, it seems. And a lot of us towing - it's one of my favourite things to do. Love travelling, and when we last combined travel with 4WDing I had a ball (Sheba Dam with the other Navara guys from Newy). Can't wait to do that again!

welcome mate!
on a side note, if your ordering a plastic tub liner, you may want to consider the spray on version instead. unless you fit it your self, you will find the installer will probably cut holes in the liner floor where the tie down rails end as they're a bit long.
otherwise you will end up with sand, dirt and other rubish getting in between and rubbing the paint away leading then to rust forming(speaking from experience)
if you go the plastic one, shorten the rails if you can to avoid cutting holes
cheers
eric

Thanks for the advice Eric!

Will be up for some camping trip for sure with the newie guys (and any others!)

Dunno when we're going to head out again. Last time we did a day trip to Polblue hoping to see some snow, ended up doing some side tracks and having a lot of fun, finished off the day in Aberdeen with a fantastic meal.

The previous trip, we stayed overnight at Sheba Dam and did some Forestry tracks in the area - what a bloody wonderful experience that was! It was marred by some asshole that pinched some stuff from one of the cars, but we had a turnout of 9 Navaras:

IMAG0539_zpse448132f.jpg

and when we hit the tracks the scenery was awesome. Love to go again, but in about a month we've got the Muster - we'll probably do a trip in November or early December, I'd say.

Awesome. My nav is pretty standard at the moment... Will be for a few months to come.

Are the trips suited for standard nav's?

The first time we went up that way my car was at standard height and to prevent any problems I used chicken tracks twice. I'd changed the suspension for the next trip, 45mm on the front and 85mm on the back (all OME gear). Coupled with AT tyres, we didn't have any trouble.

If you do come along on a trip, we generally don't push beyond any car's capabilities. Sometimes we don't do anything rough at all - we did a very tame Watagans trip and another through Yengo that didn't require leaving 2WD or anything more than highway tyres, although there were challenging sections of what is a not-so-heavily used fire trail.

Welcome to nav land. it really does seem to me as i travel all over the hunter for work that it
is the home of navaras i see them everywhere. good luck with the mods. ben

Yeah mate std is fine
You will be surprised just how capable your ride is ,even std
We all carry recovery gear,and most of us have winches
Whens the next trip tony?
Guess sometime after muster and b4 xmas?

Welcome to the made house. Be careful of the inmates as they bite Muhahah!

Our next big trip is the National Navara Muster in October, I'm sure we'll do something after but, we usually have a Xmas party in the Newcastle area.

We're sitting tight until the Muster, but something in November could well be on the cards if you're feeling up to it, Sparra. We could go back to Sheba Dam again, or we could pay Peter a visit at Ados - pay for the night + the 4WD track and you could use the kitchen.

Awesome. I'll def come along to a trip if not this year early next.

The year is ending fast and the weekends are pretty much full.

Back