maps lights on with doors

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joshp82

Reaction score
hi all
here is one for the auto leckies. is there any way i can get my map lights to work with my dome interior light. I would still like to be able to switch the map lights on like normal.
would i need to put a switch in to choose between the 2 options?

Thanks
Josh

Where there is a will, there is a way. You'd need to add another switch for the door option, and it would involve running a new feed, from interior light. Everything is possible, it just comes down to effort vs result.
I'm thinking of throwing in some led strips for extra interior lighting and leaving the map lights alone.

instead of a switch, is there a resistor or something i can put inline that allows 12v to pass through but doesn't allow power to return?
this why i can just run a feed to the map lights. but if i turn the map lights on the interior light won't turn on too

instead of a switch, is there a resistor or something i can put inline that allows 12v to pass through but doesn't allow power to return?
this why i can just run a feed to the map lights. but if i turn the map lights on the interior light won't turn on too

if the trigger for the dome light from the door switch is negative that won't work.. not sure if it is or not thou???

You could change the lights to negative switching that way it matches your door being a negative I did that on my Xtrail.

Back