Maxxis Bighorn MT-762 255/85/R16 with 2" lift

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toadnode

Reaction score
Just wanted to see what people think about this combination. I only have a 2" Ironman lift on my D22 and would like a little extra height. According to the following link the OD is 840 but being a narrower tyre I shouldnt get too much grief from the guards right?

http://www.jaxquickfit.com.au/tyres/brands/maxxis/mt-762-bighorn

I bought my ute with BFG AT's and find they're terrible on the bitumen in the wet, given the tread is running low they have always been this way(since about 70% tread). I had BFG AT's on my SWB Pajero some years ago and thought they were great. I've read that others found the Maxxis to be alright by comparison be it on or offroad, wet or dry.
What my searches haven't turned up though is anybody who runs this size tyre. Would there be a reason for that? Maybe it's too narrow to be practical offroad?
The size is unique to the MT-762, the MT-764 doesn't come in this one. Only difference between them is the 764 looks more aggressive I think.

I've got 285/75/16 Maxxis Bighorns (MT-762) under my truck, and even with a 2" suspension and 2" body lift, i needed to modify front and rear wheel guards, I think you'll still have some grief, especially at full articulation.

alos, yes - they are a great tyre, best bang for buck in my opinion.

Cheers for the input Josh!

On the rears was the clearance issues due to width?

Perhaps I'm being a little too ambitious on this one? I'm avoiding body lift since I'm in VIC and too tight to go 3" on suspension (not sure thats legal in VIC either).

Back to the drawing board I think... maybe 275/70R17 (OD 818) might be doable?
Otherwise I'll have to settle for 265/75R16 (OD 804)

a 255/85r16 is like 33.6" and a 285/75 is about 32.8" and since you need a 2+2 lift for those I doubt a 33.6" is going to fit on there ;) theres a guy on here, milkman I think, that runs a 235/85r16 see if you can find what wheels he has since from memory he didn't need to modify much to fit them.

I think they will fit with a bit of inner guard manipulation, that size is also available in the BFG KM2 and I am sure there is someone on here that runs them without too much trouble. I run a 235/85/16 and have never had any trouble at all even when I had standard suspension. I am hoping to upgrade to the 255/85/16 later this year or next year as my current off road tires are getting a bit low.

Latest posts

Back