*Melb* 11 /12th Sept.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4 O'clock - 1600hrs Sat 11th at Yarra Glen Servo (BP?)
Toolangi sight seeing or any particular route in mind Jase?

I gave Heath a bum steer on the wheels and tyres, (thought he had a ST).

I wouldn't mind having a crack at Rocky track, but I'm not sure if you can get onto it after the pipeline works. Otherwise we'll just cruise around and see what we can see!

Do you have a map of Toolangi? I'll bring my L.T and GPS, so we shouldn't get too lost. How about we grab a counter meal somewhere around 7ish if where not bogged somewhere?:big_smile:

I gave Heath a bum steer on the wheels and tyres, (thought he had a ST).

I wouldn't mind having a crack at Rocky track, but I'm not sure if you can get onto it after the pipeline works. Otherwise we'll just cruise around and see what we can see!

Do you have a map of Toolangi? I'll bring my L.T and GPS, so we shouldn't get too lost. How about we grab a counter meal somewhere around 7ish if where not bogged somewhere?:big_smile:

Rocky track was closed last I looked but may be open now that the pipeline has been finished (?)

I've seen you use that GPS and associated gubbins. I'm not so sure that you could use it to find your way out of Westfield Southland :big_smile: I'll bring a map.
Counter meals available at the Toolangi Tav but we could grab some gear from the Yarra Glenn Bakery on the way out - Have got the 12v pie warmer - Just in case.

So the wheels you had were a different stud pattern?
Still Heata mate come along, you will be surprised and if the worst does happen and you get stuck we wont leave you behind. Nor will we attempt anything beyond what you are capable of. We will just give you a taste of what we will be doing for the next 6 months and make you keener than ever. Standard vehicles are very capable and I encourage anyone else reading along to join in too.

Rocky track was closed last I looked but may be open now that the pipeline has been finished (?)

I've seen you use that GPS and associated gubbins. I'm not so sure that you could use it to find your way out of Westfield Southland :big_smile: I'll bring a map.
Counter meals available at the Toolangi Tav but we could grab some gear from the Yarra Glenn Bakery on the way out - Have got the 12v pie warmer - Just in case.

So the wheels you had were a different stud pattern?
Still Heata mate come along, you will be surprised and if the worst does happen and you get stuck we wont leave you behind. Nor will we attempt anything beyond what you are capable of. We will just give you a taste of what we will be doing for the next 6 months and make you keener than ever. Standard vehicles are very capable and I encourage anyone else reading along to join in too.

Your not wrong, I have problems knowing which way my ass points at times.

I'm happy to stock up at Yarra Glen, and try out you rat coffin incubator!

Froms the PM's Heata will be there, If he has the same tyres you had, then he should be alright down at 18psi.

Your not wrong, I have problems knowing which way my ass points at times.

I'm happy to stock up at Yarra Glen, and try out you rat coffin incubator!

Froms the PM's Heata will be there, If he has the same tyres you had, then he should be alright down at 18psi.

:big_smile:

Should log on here more often. Three of us ventured up into the high country near Aberfeldy on Saturday. My truck (D22 STR - 32"MTZ and OME suspension), tigers88 (D22 DX slight lift and 31" Cooper ST) and Robo (stock D22 DX). Some tracks were sloppy, creeks were up and plenty of trees across the tracks. Tigers88 had contacted DSE and they said we would be okay but take the chainsaws - which was good advice - as we cleared a few tracks. One particular tree was a biggin, but when a group came to it from the other side we managed some teamwork to clear the track - that's what it is all about. Another track was a mess but we couldn't go back for fear of getting stuck so we spent about an hour clearing fallen trees - nothing too big though. Both lads got stuck on the first slippery slope and we got clear of that. Some tracks were very overgrown and I'm afraid to wash the mud off for fear of finding no paint! Robo was stopped on a steep slippery section but with some more air out of the tyres and a better run up he made it up and over. Left Moe at 10.00am back by 8.00pm - after two light ales at the Erica pub. Magnificent up the top with a bit of snow on the ground and that cold mountain air. I'll try and remember to post it up next time we plan a drive. Sorry folks, forgot to take my camera.
Cheers,
Darren.

Sounds like a good day darren. We had a good little afternoon run. Found some fun tracks and plenty of mud. Some interesting steep sections. None of us brought chainsaws, and would have used them a couple of times. Nearly all tracks were pretty wide, and I didn't add any pinstripes. After a couple of hours of night driving I can see the need for driving lights! I forgot my camera, but the boys took a few pics.

Good fun.
No carnage but some fun tracks under slippery conditions. Fortunately through dumb luck we did the hardest in daylight and then toured around after dark.
Once I work out how to get pics off this new Iphone I'll put up what I have.
Great to meet up with you Heath and look forward to having you out with us again. Even if we do ignore all of your radio transmissions :)

Latest posts

Back