#Melb# get together Australia day weekend

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its looking particularly clean with the strap attached..so a picture tells 1000 words
Jan2010182Standarde-mailview.jpg

And the rest, some great/awesome tracks out that way, totally brought back faith in wombat state forest after all the boring tracks iv been on daylesford way.
You can bet your sweet arse il be back there when iv got all 4 wheels spinning, my tyres might not cut it they might be too small but il give anything a crack as aido knows. Left some nice scratch marks on my scrub and side step bars too.
Catching up not long after we started hitting the tracks, reason why we headed into woodend is basically first rut i went through was rougher than i expected and because i give a little extra right foot to make up for only 2wd i hit pretty hard going in and coming out, ended up knocking one section of the tyre of the rim almost, was filled with mud and was slowly leaking. It also threw my wheel alignment way out and the steering wheel was almost upside down to drive it straight.
This is when i noticed it was leaking, front left tyre.

This is later in the day attempting easy looking ruts, but very very VERY soft underneath.

With your rig being so clean and the strap attached it tells me Solid got his D22 stuck as soon as he got off the bitumen before you had a chance to get dirty :big_smile:

Geez i hope Solid is reading this

Something I didn't think about until afterwards was getting a pic side by side of our 2 vehicles.
Yours being modified and mine still bog stock. This picture goes some way towards showing the difference.
Even when we pulled up at the very start of the day Ange's words were " Why is his bigger than ours?" I explained and she gave that hmmmmmmm of a woman taking mental notes. You know the sound.
So there is hope yet because even as a Navi she egg's me on when I am thinking " NEW CAR! NEW CAR!" When I got home yesterday one of the first things she asked was " did you find any tracks where you had to use the winch?"

Last edited:
Are you sure she was taking mental notes and not just thinking of different negative responses for when you tell her you want to spend more money to get bigger toys?

Are you sure she was taking mental notes and not just thinking of different negative responses for when you tell her you want to spend more money to get bigger toys?
I really didn't even think that when we were purchasing this vehicle it was ever going to spend any time off road but since we have had it all I get is "where are we going this weekend?"
We pulled up beside a Hilux at the lights with side bars and steps and she asked " Are they available for ours?" "Can we get some?"

There are some good ones out there. My missus doesn't really care what I spent on the ute as long as it still gets her where she wants to go, although if some bugger made a special after market book holder for the passenger seat and she found out about it I'd no doubt have three of them

When i purchased my nav i thought being a 4wd you cant possibly need to spend any more money on it.
Boy was i way off.
Aido your misses sounds like mine, as in once they get hooked they love it, then its easier to spend money on your car, its a win win situation.

Just to rub a bit of salt in the wound, no d40's on this trip, the ruts and tracks are too violent for them, lol, by the looks of it they bend just by getting a photo taken. lol.

With your rig being so clean and the strap attached it tells me Solid got his D22 stuck as soon as he got off the bitumen before you had a chance to get dirty :big_smile:

Geez i hope Solid is reading this

I was trying to egg both of them on, none of them took the bait.

I managed to throw my wheel alignment and bead off the rim as soon as we got off the bitumen, as for being snatched that was later in the day.
All good fun though, would have made some interesting viewing too.

Just to rub a bit of salt in the wound, no d40's on this trip, the ruts and tracks are too violent for them, lol, by the looks of it they bend just by getting a photo taken. lol.

Now you know why my entry into the photo comp was an interior shot, hard to bend the chassis from child restraint

Latest posts

Back