Melbourne Sat 8th Wombat forest Newbies and others

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aido, thanks for the offer but i have to go to the buck for lunch on Saturday. ill try an make it next time you go!!!!!!!!!!

In 2 minds Jimmy.
I have "issues" that may or may not be resolved by this time tomorrow.
Watch this space.

In the meantime perhaps you could wander over to the newbie area and gives an introduction and some details mate.

Oi Jimae!
I'm in still if yor keen to go for a wheel.
Cnr Gisborne/ Bacchus Marsh rd and Coffeys rd Bullengarook 10 am.

If no reply from Jimmy is anyone up for a night run? Departing 5pm - 6pm and finish up 4-5 hours later?

righto 6 pm meet up night run.
Recovery yes.
See ya there Jase.
it just kind of evolved,
everyone else still welcome.
0459 107 540 for further enquires or post up.

Just a final confirmation

Meet Cnr Gisborne/ Bacchus Marsh rd and Coffeys rd Bullengarook 6pm!
Aido
Pro-nav
Me
anyone else?

Good fun - beats sitting in front of puter or television.
Great to meet Pro-nav (Dion). I seriously thought he was a middle age fella with a head full of grey hair and a beard to match based on the quality and knowledge that he posts up here. Funny the pigeon holes and images you create from a persons online persona. Turns out he is a young buck on his P's!
Had a fairly sedate sort of drive around Lerderderg / Wombat.
We got to see a koala ( see artists impression below cause Jase's camera couldn't capture it ) a wombat and I saw several little bush bats. The bush and scrub you see during the day really is a different place at night. Oh and we came across an elderly couple in Daihatsu charade? 9 o'clock in the forest is no place for these creatures and so I stopped and asked them
"Are you allright? Are you lost?"
Him - "No!"
Her - " Yes we are!"
"where are you headed?"
Her "Trentham but he is supposed to be navigating" rolls her eyes.
"Your a fair way from Trentham and heading in the wrong direction." I then started to give direction out of the forest and back onto the nearest main rd but they looked confused so we lead them back out. Apparently they were going for dinner at a restaurant. Wished em luck as they headed off but they were still a good 45 mins from Trentham.
So yeah good fun - concluded with my good self applying a few touch ups and adjustments to my already suspect front end by using the lower control arms as a harrow.

Koala similar to the one seen in Lerderderg
koala_costume_141.jpg

Koala similar to the one seen in Lerderderg
koala_costume_141.jpg

That koala looks about as pleased as the real one did.

Thanks Aido for playing guide for the night and organising the event, and thanks Jason for providing compressed air. It was great fun and we must do it again sometime.

Thanks guys for another enjoyable get together. Totally knackered when I got home.

Queens B'day weekend maybe drive from Matlock through to Walhalla with a least one overnight camp?.

Aido, you didn't need to go to the effort to dress up for a pic of a Koala, you could have downloaded one from google images.

Back