Mickey Thompson MTZ's

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camo87

Reaction score
Gday guys looking to put some mickey thompson mtz 265/75/16, under my 2011 d22 with stock suspension. Just read the stickies and it seems like i may have to modify the mud flaps or remove them. Just wanted too see if anyone has the same and how they went with the stock suspension.

Cheers.

Hey mate. I put 265/75/R16 on my 06 D22 and i only had to take mud flaps off when I put sunrazors rims on also had to wind up torsion bars as well

My 265/75 BFG ATKO's scrub a little bit at about 2/3 the way to lock, guards are not really modified though, on the things to do list, if you can put up with it you can probably leave it, I just get strange looks in car parks.

MTZ's are meant to be the ducks nuts though so you can't go wrong with them.

Goodyear have that 4 for 3 tyre deal on to in case you wanted wrangler MTR's which are apparently pretty good as well.

Last edited:
Even with a 2 inch lift the 265/75/16 MTZ's on an 8 inch rim scrub the mudguards just before you get to full lock. After trimming as much as possible off them they still touched so in the end I've just taken the front mudflaps off.

Thanks for the reply's, i think ill just take the front mudflaps off.

Try your luck- I fitted my 265/75/16's on 8" rims before I had my Nav lifted and I only had to do a small amount of trimming to get them to clear the guards and mud flaps. From what I've read though, everyone's is lightly different and some require a fair bit of "sculpting" to get that size tyre to fit even with a lift.

Good luck.

Thought I'd share a pic of my ute after i got em put on.

Attachments

• nav.jpg
    nav.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 192
Back