Modifying xrox bar to suit body lift.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnkathy81

Reaction score
Just seeing if anyone has modified there xrox bar to suit a "2" body lift?
Possibly might be picking one up cheap and have been told that there is available brackets from opposite lock to suit although up at around $350. So wanting to know if anybody has modified there's or if it's possible to redrill holes with enough steel left on the brackets to suit with a "2" body lift?

Thanks!

You will need new brackets for it to be compliant. the way the bracekts bolt to the xrox there is no way to just space it up and re drill.

Hey Mate, 2013 D40...
Took the brackets off and took them to engineering/construction company who added two inch spacer into the brackets and fits snug now.. Couldn't tell the difference, Fully painted etc...

Or You could pay the extra for the Xrox extended brackets but I put body lift on after the BBar and didn't want to fork out huge $$

Hey Mate, 2013 D40...
Took the brackets off and took them to engineering/construction company who added two inch spacer into the brackets and fits snug now.. Couldn't tell the difference, Fully painted etc...

Or You could pay the extra for the Xrox extended brackets but I put body lift on after the BBar and didn't want to fork out huge $$
What you mean they added a "2" spacer to it? Guessing I'll probably have to see how the Mount is to understand although I'm hoping I might be able to go down that path now that someone has done it and save on new brackets.

Ok so I scored a brand new xrox bar on eBay for $710 yesterday wich I'm picking up tomorrow. Now probably a stupid question as haven't seen them in person and arnt too good with this stuff but if I was to install it without the lifted brackets because of my body lift and cut bumper to suit would this just look wrong/not work or be stupid?

two brackets... They basically cut them in half... and rewelded 2' plate in there..

(Cuts below the bolt holes)

Ok so fitted bar on over weekend although used standard mounting brackets and just cut bumper to suit still leaving a 20mm gap for flex. Bar loop sits lower than it should slightly but don't think it matters as not comparing to another car side by side. Thought I'd post in case anyone decides to do the same.

Latest posts

Back