mongoose car alarm install question

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qqc d22

Reaction score
Ive noticed a lot of people on here are running mongoose car alarms for keyless entry etc.
Just wondering what there like to install. ive got no doubt i can install it myself im more worried about having to butcher original wiring harnesses. has anyone installed there own and know what is required for the install. also general opinions of the system would be appreciated
cheers

Does anyone know how to change the turbo timer setting so it runs for 3mins instead of one. 1 minute just isnt enogh time to walk in the shop get breakfast and get back to car before it stops running :D

If you google the mongoose manual, you can get it PDF. My m60s is like with drivers door open, key ignition 6 times, then it'll chirp, then stand or your left foot, tap you nose and blah blah blah. Sounds complex, but they're easy to come across and change, let me know if you need it, I can email it to you if your google doesn't work.

Ive got the book that come with it but it doesnt tell you. downloaded pdf incase it was different but its the same so if you know the gypsy code please post it lol :-D

Can you make the Mongoose M60s alarm not chirp without pressing two buttons.
Can it be programmed to not chirp pressing the lock / unlock button only?

dont know ive been to lazy to hook up the siren. im pretty sure you can but download the manual it will have the instructions

How do you grade the system overall?? iv had it saved in my ebay account for months as iv been to lazy to waorry about it yet.

A good system but the re arming after 30 seconds is starting to give me the shits. Have to use the remote to disable the immobilizer all the time.

I think you'll find the rearming thing is a requirement for aftermarket immobilizers. I have a cyclops unit in mine for remote locking and immobilizer and it auto rearms the immobilizer after 30 secs but doesn't relock the car as I have all the door switches wired in too...

I got the re arming thing turned off this afternoon.
You have to go to the installers and tell them it's program 20, I guess it's like how you do it in the back of the book but let the indicators flash 20 times.

Much much better now, on and off with one press of the remote, no re arming.

Hi qccd22,

I'm looking to put the M80G with the window lifter in my D22 str

Did you find the information you needed to splice the alarm into the wiring loom?

I'm holding off buying the kit until I have some clue about the process!

Cheers
Nick

mate id have to have a look i doubt i can find it anymore as ive moved through 3 different sheds since the start of this thread, ill have a look i got the cheat sheet from an installer who was nice enough to give it to me.

thats awsome news tony ill have to get mine disabled

Latest posts

Back