more torque??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

black_nav_d22

Reaction score
i have a 2011 d22, and would love some more torque for those steep hills, anyone got any ideas/suggestions for an easy way to achieve more torque without spending a bomb??

i would go for a chip, and block the egr, i blocked mine today and its an improvement but mainly when the turbo spools

i have a 2011 d22, and would love some more torque for those steep hills, anyone got any ideas/suggestions for an easy way to achieve more torque without spending a bomb??

:sorry3:lots of extra power/torque and cheap/easy dont belong in the same sentence.

Have a look at the two chips on this forum and decide which you prefer

or shove a V8 in it.

More torque = more fuel.
Wouldn't mind more in mine, especially just off idle but the odds are stacked against us. Heavy car, small capacity engine, running big boost.

Gotta have a laugh at the Leprecahaun' sugestion:) Won't give you more torque from the engine but it would certainly feel livlier down low.

scooba i cant believe its taken you this long to put the egr block in. i had mine in as soons as i could lol.

as for the torque problem. ive semi resolved mine with chip, exhaust, egr block and boost controller. still fidling with chip to get the right setting.

Rusty

yeah havent really been bothered about it but got bored today so i made one up, weel worth it, should have done it ages ago lol

Put a "No-Limits" chip in. Doesn't do much more than reduce the value of the fuel rail pressure sender so the ECU thinks it needs to lift the pump's output more, and costs about $150 or so. You WILL use more fuel, and will increase engine temps as well.

Otherwise, the EGR block will cost next to nothing.

How do you go about blocking the egr valve, and does it upset the engine at all??
I have a 03 dx..
I'm only new to this so don't laugh.. Ha ha

My plan of attack for the problem is- to go a 3" turbo back exhaust up to the straight thru muffler then 2.5" after the muff.
Be a while yet but will definatley post results.

there seems to be a few diffrent opinions on the things you can do hnd how much difference they make for me i have a no limit chip and on setting 9 it has heaps of giddyup down low and at highway speed it seems to cruse smothly also no increase in engine temp and fuel usage is a little beter as for the egr block i used one of jjohns plates easy to put on and improved performance more again so i disconected chip and now just mucking about trying to work out what best suits me i think for driving on the beach ill use chip on probably setting 10 i think it would allow me to be in high range instead of low therefor i wouldnt be reving the freckel out of it and probably use less fuel also puting snorkel on today that should change things as well
maybe im imagining phe power change or maybe others are just not at sensative as me

make sure the snorkel doesnt leak, mine did where the yd25 pipe joins the airbox and lost heaps of power and used heaps more fuel

snorkel went on no dramas my mate next door done the cutting my hand not to steady and the eyes were shut as it he done it ive got photos im just wating for the misses to get me a new usb link cable for camara so i can start a build page of my own

Back