Moreton Island in a Ford Territory

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blacknav

Reaction score
My mother and stepfather are planning a trip to Moreton Island with their Ford Territory AWD. They and I have never been there and are unsure what to expect as far as driving conditions go. I have a recovery kit and a set of maxtrax etc i can loan them.

A few years ago the Territory tagged along on a forum Stockton Beach trip and went pretty well everywhere the Navara's did. Were just looking for some advice/experiences from people that may have done Moreton Island as to how well the Territory would cope especially on the inland tracks, places of interest and what to expect in general.

Thanks in advance.

Some of the inland tracks do have deep ruts that should be the only thing to worry about. With you as support and a set of max trax and a shovel I don't think there will be any trouble. Apart from that if you travel at low tide it's just like the highway. The track to the light house used to be rough and steep and very soft, now it's got boards down and is easy. Some of the softer inland tracks have boards also so I don't think they will have issues unless towing something.
Cheers
HJ

hey mate, been there plenty of times in my old landy years ago. its just your typical beach driving, hard work at high tide, easy going at low tide. with a shovel and a set of maxtrax they should be right. just let your tyres down on the barge on the way over and dont forget to put it in 4wd before exiting the barge. seen a few ppl drive of the barge and straight down to the axles cause they left tyre pressures up or forgot to put hubs in

Last edited:
I spent a week there with a mate in an x/trail. He only needed a light pull in places where underneath ploughed into the sand in 2 spots, apart from that he had no issues apart from a lack of torque in the soft stuff.

AWD should do it ok, just air down to about 20.. I was there a couple of years ago and the only place i needed 4low was up the hill out of the resort i think its a right into a tight left.

Thankyou for the responses so far guys, its appreciated.

The Cape was awesome Sparra, I'll get some photos up once I get them sorted out.

Latest posts

Back