Morwell bypass reopens.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would be right, 7 friggen months and 5 mins after I piss off the open the bloody road.

Although I don't take that same stance, the time frame and the methodology was as good as can be expected, once again the media blew 90% of the stuff out of proportion, they embellished nearly every story and the real people who were effected by this were not half as pissed off as the media made them out to be. (Even dragging 40 tonne through there wasn't an issue after the first week or two when people stopped getting so shitty). As for the work I'd love to see any company in the world manage to do what those involved did in the time frame, it's not like it was one department and one decision maker.

Look forward to going back around the bypass on the way home in a few weeks although it's been so long I might get lost.

I almost missed the turn off to work yesterday 'cause the signs weren't there telling me I couldn't go any further.

7 months isn't too bad considering what they were dealing with - I honestly didn't think they would get it open again.

With the talks by over zealous media types that they were going to permanently close the highway and build a new one that went out the back of Tyres etc I bet there was a few people thinking it would never open but typical of the media the stories were based on so little fact, facts like where the money would come from and how ridiculously impractical such a move would be never got in the way of great stories.

Your up early daz

Hahaha......you should know my early habits by now Kyle :dong: Gotta keep the fire burning.

I often use the forum to bring on sleep when I am having difficulty finding it naturally.

Krafty - there are some major drainage works being done adjacent to the open cut to take water away from the Latrobe Road area - the 'back road' has been shut and some very significant earth moving done.......it was fun to sit at the dog club and well visitors from the city that they were building the new freeway!

Last edited:
I know one of the guys in charge of the drainage works in the cut and there is no doubt it was a major the job. In actuality the cut is a major distance from the freeway and that part of the mine was only ever used for drainage, but it doesn't change the fact that the council and Vic Roads should have done more work when they built the highway.

We went for a tour of the cut late Feb and there is no doubt these guys have been working their arse off to get to this stage and I think it's a credit to most of them. That end of the cut hasn't been used for something like 15 years but my old man used to bog 4wd's in that end to make training films I was waiting for someone to blame him for the land slips because of all the bog holes he left around the place.

Latest posts

Back