Mud tyres...would you get them again?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
been happy with my Bighorns. Dirt, mud sand. Been fine. Highway noise is a little loud, but have gotten used to it. Wear rate seems pretty good too. Would buy muddies again if I found a price that seemed reasonable.

Same as ljacko.

I have the bighorn maxxis muddies 32" on my D40. There is highway noise (which i dont mind). Really good grip when off road.

But my Navara is my daily ride. It is extremely slippery in the wet and i have to be careful when it does rain. probably no more dangerous than the original tyres that the Navara come with.

I felt safer when i had the BFG a/t's on, in the wet. But as stated by someone else - here in Victoria, it is much better off road if you have Mud Tyres when in the high country than a/t's.

So, would i buy Maxxis muddies again? probably not. When i wear out the full set of 8 tyres that i have (includes the camper trailer) i'll be looking for a different brand of tyre for the Navara to wear.

Latest posts

Back